Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen backsplash problem

One side of my stove sets up against a wall which creates a bad backsplash problem. Is there any type of covering i can put on the wall that can be easly cleaned and won't leave a smear the way paint does?
    Thanks Dave

quote:Originally posted by 2112

One side of my stove sets up against a wall which creates a bad backsplash problem. Is there any type of covering i can put on the wall that can be easly cleaned and won't leave a smear the way paint does?
    Thanks Dave
    at some of the appartments I do work at we use counter top formica as a splash guard. it seems to work verry well. I've also tiled the walls behind and beside the stove but the grout can be kind of hard to keep clean.I hope this gives you some Ideas.TAZ

nuthing like being woken up at 12:AM to unstop some one elses toilet.
    nuthing like being woken up at 12:AM to unstop some one elses toilet.

Comment

My stove sits directly up against the walls as yours does. And like armataz suggested I installed formica behind it and it works excellent. The formica i used is a little thicker than normal countertop formica. Easy to clean and available in most colors.

Jason

Jtfoxman
      Jtfoxman

Comment

great idea Jason

I think you might be interested in this website....it does have some pictures and figures related to what you are looking for....

http://www.JustKitchenBacksplash.com

check it out.

Kathy White

Comment

Backsplash

Of all the backsplashes I have installed, my favorite is the ceramic tile. I mean the large (at least 12 x 12) floor tiles. If you use a really light colored grout it could stain over time, but I have never had a problem, and they are very beautiful and easy to install.

For more home improvement tips, go to http://www.easy-home-repair.com

Comment

How about metal ("tinplate") tiles/panels, the kind that used to be used for old timey ceilings? Can they be used as backsplash? Could they be coated with something to make them easier to clean? Sometimes you see pictures of copper panels being used as backsplash but I have reservations about how practical it is.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =