Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling / Wall Painting HELP!

Originally the textured ceiling and walls in the living room were all painted white.. Now we want to paint just 2 of the walls a shade of brown... No Problem so far... I masked the adoining walls at the corners and where the wall meets the ceiling with blue masking tape and pressed it down firmly... NO GOOD... some of the new brown paint leaked onto the adjoining walls and ceiling where they meet... I removed the tape and tried to touch up by hand.. Not a good job... What is the easiest way to correct this problem as it looks terrible... What did I do wrong in the first place? Help.. we host a Christmas Party in 2 days...

The thing they don't tell you on all those commercials is that you 1. need to press in the tape very well and 2. use a dryer brush when painting close to the tape. You can try getting a straight edge (thin metal plate about 2.5' long) available at Lowe's/HD in their respective painting departments. It's a long flat and thin steel edge that should allow you to clean up the bad edges.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =