Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chair Rail to Baseboard Trim Transition

I am using chair rail to seperate the up and downstairs of my house. It looks good except where it meets the baseboard of the upstairs. I was wondering what I could do for this transition? I'm willing to replace the trim if need be. Thanks

Last edited by DKAudio; 04-05-2010, 06:02 AM.

I've come across this problem many times before, what i usually do is on the corner of the chair rail side I use a bigger piece of material with a routed top (for decoration) that way both the base trim and the chair rail can use the piece as a "stop". It's kinda like the reverse of corner crown molding finishing stops. For that matter you could buy at Lowe's the outside corner crown molding pre made corners, turn it upside down and put it on the bottom corner and have both the chair rail and the base trim run squarely into it.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I ended up getting an outside corner block made for baseboards. It is probably a 1X1 with a decorative routed top and a 90° cut to insert it into an outside corner. It will be perfect to have the two pieces run squarely into it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X
      =