Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kitchen sink backsplash sealant

I noticed that where the granite counter top meets the tiled backsplash behind the new kitchen faucet leaks ......
    What is the best way to clear the yellowed hardness and what sealant should I use?
    I think I remembered that when the kitchen was redone 15+yrs ago, they used something white but it then cleared... Whatever I use-it must cure CLEAR.Click image for larger version

Name:	E23F7167-B3A4-4838-A1BB-5B2CD28BD0C1.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	96856
    Probably had silicone so will anything ever stick to the area again?
    What should I use to seal this corner? Am I over thinking this again?
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Actually, upon even further investigation that discolored stuff is old silicon that is sluffing off. I went to a giant tile place and they suggested sanded grout in a caulk tube: KERACAULK-S in a Pearl Gray.....

Issue to remove the previous layer of this silicone material....and it is an elastic material that I am scrubbing off with a toothbrush and cleaning vinegar to begin with....

Keracaulk S

Premium, Sanded and Unsanded Siliconized Acrylic Caulks Keracaulk S (sanded) and Keracaulk U (unsanded) are premium-grade, easy-to-use, easy-to-clean siliconized acrylic caulks formulated to match all of MAPEI's grout colors.
    www.mapei.com
    Ideas?
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =