Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealing gaps in exterior walls

I'm renovating several rooms in my house and have gutted the walls down to the studs. I would like to seal the gaps between the wood exterior wall boards before adding insulation. I consulted a company called Aeroseal that makes a product called AeroBarrier that works to fill these gaps. They gave me a ball park figure of $2,000. Well, I can buy a lot of sealant for 2 grand. I was wondering if anyone has used Behr's Weatherstrong sealant for this purpose? It snows where I live. So, of course, I'm concerned about the cold temps causing the product to freeze and crack. Otherwise, is there another sealant/caulking product that someone can recommend for this purpose?

Hi Bodrey,

When sealing gaps between your wood wall boards, it's important to choose a sealant that can handle your local weather conditions, including cold temperatures. Look for products specifically designed for exterior use and ensure they are compatible with the temperature range you'll be working in.

We don't recommend/promote product/services in this forum, I hope you understand. Let me know if you need any further assistance, thank you!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =