Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture behind vapour barrier

I recently noticed that there is moisture behind my vapour barrier at the lake. The house is 3 years old, 2 X 6 construction with stucco exterior. Beneath the stucco is housewrap. I see the moisture in several areas and looks like the start of small mold staining. Any suggestions on remedying the situation would be appreciated.

mold

mold spores need three things to survive. heat, moisture, and something to feed upon. - drywall paper, organic house wrap even wood. the vapor barrier should face the living space not the outside wall.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      mold spores need three things to survive. heat, moisture, and something to feed upon. - drywall paper, organic house wrap even wood. the vapor barrier should face the living space not the outside wall.
      The vapor barrier is where it should be. Inside wall side, behind the drywall. I am seeing condensation on the vapor barrier.

Comment

stucco

a stucco is basically portland cement and sand. it is porous and allows moisture to leach through - it is not completely waterproof. high humidity is moisture in the air. you see condensation because of a difference of humidities and temperatures. you need to keep one or the other at a relatively constant temperature OR humidity to prevent condensation.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =