Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Roof Edge Flashing

I want to install metal flashing on the edge of my carport roof. The current roofing materal extends about 3/4 inch beyong the soffit.. When I look at the roofing material it seems to be nailed to the roof about 3/4 inch back from the outter edge of the soffit. Do I have to pull every nail and renail again after the flashing is installed or is there an easier way or.. am I missing something all together..?

There may be, what is on the fascia now? (The vertical edge that is behind the drain gutter) Is it a flat piece that just goes up, bends in a little and goes under the shingles? If it is, you can probably leave this and install a metal (Aluminum) drip edge (Can get from Lowe's, very inexpensive) which would slide under the shingle and let it come down over the fascia, then you can use a few stainless steel trim nails (I get from Lowe's) that is made just for this to hold it. This will also work for the rake edge too (The drip edge is the end where the drain gutters hang, the rake edge is the edge that goes up to the peak of the roof)
    This would eliminate the need for pulling any nails.
    If you think a professional is expensive,
    Just see what till you see what an amature will cost you!!

Comment

I used the wrong termonology

I would like to put a metal drip edge on the rake edge facia instead of that which is above the gutters... The House has a metal drip edge down to where the carport attaches then it is just the composite roofing extending 1/2 inch over the rake edge to the lower end of the roof. The water sometimes drips around the edge and I don's want it to get under the roofing on the carport. I have loked at the roofing material here and it seems to be nailed the the roof about 3/4" inside of the rake facia..

Comment

Working...
      X
      =