Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gap between driveway and foundation

I have about a 1/8 in gap between the driveway blacktop and the concrete foundation. What would you suggest to seal this with.

Thank you

Curious homeowner

go to home depot or lowes and get a gallon of blacktop sealer. this comes with a narrow spout. cut the tip and pour [squeeze] out the product into your crack. this should seal your gap. the product remains flexible enough to make up for the summer temperatures and some winter temps.

Comment

concrete

so do they have that in the same size for concrete also hayzee?

Comment

the stuff comes in a squeeze gallon container. it is a flexible black compound and is pourable.

Comment

Blacktop sealer is too thin and just runs down the hole. I'm not sure of how deep it goes but if I had to say probally 4-6 inches. What about using silicone caulk?

Comment

silicone would probably work. it's thick enough to stay where you put it if it only adheres to both sides of the crack.

Comment

If your really worried about the crack you could always use that spay foam to fill the base of the crack then use the tubes of either concrete mortar repair or asphalt repair to fill the remainder. If you do use the foam option first them make sure you use the "Window and Door" product, it has much less expansion.
              Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
              Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Good idea, now I have to go to work on it.

Comment

Urethane caulk

Home depot, lowes. Urethane caulk. Stick it down in the crack. It is thick enough to not run down. 50 year gurantee, I think.

Comment

Crack

That crack is intended probably as a expansion joint and should not be filled permanently.

You could fill in with "play ground" sand for cosmetic appearance and it still function as a expansion joint if needed.

rick

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =