Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Mixing - Easy or Hard

I need to install a 2 ft wide x 3 ft long x 5" thick slab of concrete in a location that will not be easy to get a small mixer into... How difficult will it be to mix this concrete by hand in a wheel barrow (approx 8-40 lb bags).. or should I look at alternatives if any..

Use the mixer to mix your concrete and use the wheelbarrow to cart the stuff to the location. You don't HAVE TO set the mixer where your doing the pour!

Comment

a 5" slab ????.....whats' sitting on that ?
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

5" slab?

I meant 4".. It will just be a small cabinet to store a portaable generator on outside.

Comment

Ideas to pour with

I have used a cement mixer to pour a cement slab 100 feet away from the mixer and used 5 gal buckets to move the mud. The slab was 6 inches thick and was 10 foot by 12 foot. I was working on cell phone towers and shelters and we had to extend a slab for the radio equipment to be attached to. We also added extra portland cement to the 80# bags to make it a stronger mix, It also made it set up faster like quick crete. If you add more portland cement to the mix leave some room all around the inside of the form and just fill the middle lower than the top of the form boards and the finish the pour starting on one end to the other by adding more mud and finisheing as you go. It is kind of confusing but all in all it will dry faster than the notmal redi mix and will be stronger for a generator slab. The vibrations and all. You might consider a 6 inch thick slab so when you bolt the machine down it will have more meat where the wedge anchors will be, or just dig down a little more where they will be. Dont forgot the rebar.

Comment

It is not to hard to mix in a wheel barrow. You can mix it in a mixer and dump it on a piece of plywood then shovel it where it needs to go.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =