Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting white vinyl window frames?

The brown wood frame windows in my house need replacing. I can't afford to replace them all at once, not even all on one side of the house at once. And I can't afford to replace them with wood frame windows, either. So it will have to be the white vinyl windows from Home Depot. I figure I can replace two or three windows per year, but it's going to look odd having a mix of white and brown frame windows. Is it possible to paint the white vinyl frames brown and have it look good?

If the frames and sill are not rotted, go with wood sash kits. I installed many double pane, low e, argon gas if they want it type kits. The run under 200 for a 3'0 X 6'2 window. Primed on the outside, clear wood on the inside.

Comment

Hi,

If the window frame (not the sash) is still in good shape search the web, I just looked and "Gorell" offers like 7 colors for their replacement windows.
      If the frame has some rot it can be filled with a filled. Theres one we have uses that is a two part wood filler like a body filler that works very well for exterior applications.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =