Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craftsman upper limit issue

ok, I am going crazy. I hope this forum is the last one. Craftsman opener will close and open properly but hits the bolt at the top. I have checked the connections (good). I have adjusted the upper limiter from all the way back to as far forward as it can go and half turns all the way in between. When I remove the yellow wire from the upper limiter the door wont work so I know there is power to the wire. I have rapped bubble rap for now onthe bolt so it doesnt bang as hard but what could it be?

I have a few parted openers that I use for my extended family when they have issues but just cant figure this one out. The lower limit works just fine and I can adjust it any way I want but not the upper.

HELP ME

It might be a corroded contact, which is common in garages near salt water or where pool chemicals are stored. Try cleaning the contacts with a small nail file. If that doesn't work, then try replacing the RPM sensor, as the limit switch wires travel through that.

Discount Garage Doors is Florida's #1 Garage Door Company. Call for Garage Door Repair, Installation & More!

Comment

fixed

so had a few parts and compaired each area. It turned out that the little piece of metal on the limiter was broken off on the up side. So I took a limiter from another model and replaced it. The garage works the way it should now.

Thanks for the advice. Hope this helps others.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =