Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamberlain won't open all the way

I recently replaced an old Liftmaster opener with a new Chamberlain chain drive. After completing the installation, the trolly stops about 3 feet short of the stopping point on the track. The door closes fine. If I pull the emergency handle and disconnect the door from the opener, I can open and close the door just fine with no issues. I've tried adjusting the force limit settings on the opener itself, but this does not help. Any ideas?

You need to adjust the open/close limit, done on the left side of the opener, two white dials. Reset you force settings.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, however as you can see in the op, I have tried that already. It will not go all the way up regardless the setting on the limits.

Comment

Force limits and open/close limits

There are two sets of limit adjustments. The blue dials are for the force. What you need are the open/close limits. This will be located on the side of the unit. If you have a unit with two lightbulbs it will be located on the opposite side of the motor from the force limits. Locate the one with the picture of a garage door and an up arrow turn this in small increments until your door opens to where you want.

Comment

Now I feel like a complete tool. I didn't even check the other side for adjustments. I'll try it out tonight when I get home. Thank you in advance

Comment

AANNNNNNNDDDD Fixed. thank you again for your help. I can't believe I overlooked this.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =