Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping away squirrels

Anyone got any thing to keep squirrels from digging in landscaping? Our neighbors feed them corn, nut, and seeds and they like to bury it in our mulch.

Any ideas?

Alex

I have a similiar problem, but the squirrels are teasing my dogs and causing my dogs to break through neighbors fence. I've seen strips of spikes for like birds, but squirrels just jump from tree to tree. I don't want to do anything inhumane, but squirrels are causing problems.

I;ve seen motion sensor water sprayers, but I would need multiple units. Maybe that would work for you.
    Let me know if you find anything and I'll do the same.

Comment

Does that predator piss in a bottle stuff work for squirrels? I've not tried it because I kinda like them hanging around. I have feeding station from them and I'm surrounded by trees so they don't really bother the flowerbeds.

Comment

tHIS MIGHT SOUND FUNNY BUT,I HAD CATS AROUND FOR PETS AND THEY TOOK CARE OF CHIPMUCK PROBLEM I HAD.SO IF YOUR A CAT LOVER GET A COUPLE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE SQUIRRELS

Linda Lee
        Linda Lee

Comment

We had a problem with small critters pulling up our new sod and also gophers digging up holes. A product that was powedered fox pee called something like "Critter be gone" worked after 2 applications. You shake the stuff around the holes and the perimeter of the yard. Here is the link to the product. We also have a dog and needed to have something that wasn't toxic.

All natural, long lasting, easy to apply animal repellents from Shake-Away

Comment

I am at my last straw with these rodents myself. CROSSMAN 760 PELLET RIFLE will be my last resort, to RAT POISONING....I work too hard on my yard...a good rodent is a DEAD rodent....I have been saying that for the last 2 years and my pellet rifle still sits right there in the corner and I haven't been able to make myself murder the cute little critters.
            quote:Originally posted by Vindi

Anyone got any thing to keep squirrels from digging in landscaping? Our neighbors feed them corn, nut, and seeds and they like to bury it in our mulch.

Any ideas?

Alex
            It's sometimes better to be lucky than smart.
            It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Comment

I had a similar problem with rabbits digging in my yard. I bought a spray on pepper wax at a local garden store and sprayed the area. It seems to have worked.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =