Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeling Paint

We have a home located at an elevation of about 9,000 ft. We continually have problems with exterior paint peeling on the wood trim around the south facing windows. When using the same paint on metal, we haven't experienced any problems. We have used both latex and oil based primer but neither bond very long onto the wood. I even tried reducing the primer thinking it would soak into the wood and thus bond, but even that didn't work any better. Does anyone have any sugestions? Is epoxy primer available and if so would that bond better?

try a product called KILZ. Made by a company called Zissner it is an alcohol based primer that takes well to oil base and latex.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      try a product called KILZ. Made by a company called Zissner it is an alcohol based primer that takes well to oil base and latex.
      Thanks HayZee, I'll try it.

Comment

i would consider different primer

people get hung up on Kilz but i tell u its not all that. Plus I wouldn't recommend it for broad surfaces outside, only for spot priming due to the way that it dries: by interlocking.
        I would use an exterior oil whole house primer.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =