Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benjamin Moore Advance

I have a staircase to do with stained treads and painted wainscoting going up the staircase. My customer was talking to me about spraying everything that is going to be painted. I like the sprayed look but find it difficult to hide seams and nail and screw heads. I am thinking about using Benjamin Moore Advance paint so i can caulk the seams and fill in the nail and screw heads and then sand them off and then do a final coat for a more seamless look. What our my choices for a paint that lays out nice like BMA? Does Sherwin Williams make a similar product that might be better? Looking for someone that has experience with these types of paints to give me a recommendation . Thanks..

Don't know about the Sherwin Williams products, I've always used Durapoxy on trim and woodwork. Just did project with BMA and I'll never go back to durapoxy. Far and away a better product.

Comment

Don’t get much better than Ben Moore. Been using it for years. Depending on mix sometimes you have to step it up if you start dragging. S/W , Kelly Moore in that order. Coronado, local here is good as well & matches as well as any.
      In this post, we will discuss the Benjamin Moore Advance recoat time and other important paint application tricks.
      Last edited by kort677; 07-20-2023, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =