Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung fridge fan noise

We have this 7 month old French-door fridge that works perfectly otherwise, but it emits some whirling noise, like a fan's blades touching something, and it comes from the bottom-back, when the compressor is at work.

What's weird about it is, when I open a door, or the freezer door — the noise will subside or get quieter, or even when I ROCK the fridge, the noise will subside or change, as if something is loose there... We had 3 technician visits already, last one replaced the Condenser fan, which fixed the problem for a couple days, but then the noise came back...

What's going on?.... Thanks...

For the specific model, Dan O. is probably better to ask but it may be your evaporator fan inside the unit itself. it could possibly have ice build up on the evaporator and the fan blade is hitting it.

Comment

Originally posted by dfitz3390 View Post
      For the specific model, Dan O. is probably better to ask but it may be your evaporator fan inside the unit itself. it could possibly have ice build up on the evaporator and the fan blade is hitting it.
      Interestingly, I searched online, and the only complaints about fan noises are connected with the Evaporator and ice buildup....I will mention it to the technician heading our home tomorrow....

Comment

well good luck, hopefully it isnt an expensive part

Comment

Well, it's still under warranty, so I don't care about that aspect.... It's just ANNOYING....

Comment

Working...
          X
          =