Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchanging dryer motors

The dryer on my 1997 Kenmore electric Dryer model 90, burned up. It came with a black terminal block on it. The only identifier on the block is SAE, PPS, GF, MD. The white connector that mounts into the block has a tag on it that says 1/6/7148 and under that, 3398958.

I am trying to replace the motor with a 1994 Whirlpool motor which is identical except for the terminal block. The numbers on the motor appear to be GFF479008. The terminal block is an oblong box with only male connectors coming out whereas the Kenmore terminal block is sort of l-shaped and the the white female connector plugs into it, preconfigured.

Would anyone be able to tell me where the wires from the newer block would connect to the 1994 block ?

Rein

Numbers on the wires match the numbers on the term block.. you need both wire diagrams for each motor .. less headache getting the right motor....

Comment

quote:Originally posted by TiredSearsTech

Numbers on the wires match the numbers on the term block.. you need both wire diagrams for each motor .. less headache getting the right motor....
      TIRED TECH:

Any chance you can fax the wire diagrams for each motor to 512.327.3644 ? Sure would appreciate it.

Rein

Comment

quote:Originally posted by TiredSearsTech

Anyway you can fax the diagrams for both motors to me at: 512.327.9310.

Rein

Comment

Sorry dont have them... the diagram for the bad motor should be under the console.... Sorry

Comment

Thanks, I didn't see it on the back as with the old dryer.

Rein

Comment

Please look on the door/frame and get me the part number for the dryer. it is 110.xxxxxxxxx
              I can research the part number better. Also do you have any idea what p/n dryer the old motor came out of?
              Paul

Comment

The motor p/n is 279827, "used on many Whirlpool and Kenmore dryers". The dryer I am trying to fix is a Kenmore series 90 made in 1997. I had an electrician friend of mine check the motor and it runs so he says that the Capacitor is gone - the motor runs in both directions. Around here (Austin) it's tough to find just the capacitor or the centrifugal switch. Any ideas ?

Rein

Comment

Working...
                X
                =