Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring a quad outlet

I want to install a 20Amp double duplex outlet.

I will run 1/2" conduit with 12/2 to a 4" square or octagonel box with 2 duplex outlets....

My question: once I wire one side of the outlet, do I just "jump" with a piece of MN to join the other outlet and do I have to strap this peice down?

I am not quite sure what is happening inside the box.
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

it is illegal to run romex (nm cable) in conduit

Comment

I beg your pardon, but I think NM cable and EMT as well as many other raceways do very well together and are annotated in ad nauseum in the 2002 NEC. Furthermore, "Only where necessary to provide protection against physical damage, Type NM cable can be drawm into any raceway, with a bushing installed on the raceway ends." [u]</u>Wiring Simplified, 40th Edition,p.124.[u]</u> I hope we are talking about the same thing...Thank you for your input.[:I]
      quote:Originally posted by nates

it is illegal to run romex (nm cable) in conduit

Comment

To jumper power from one outlet to the next within the same electrical box remove all of the outside sheating first, allow at minimum 6 inches of wire for this. Pigtail the grounds from the receptacles to the incoming cable ground using a wire nut or a greenie.

quote:Originally posted by vdotmatrix

I will run 1/2" conduit with 12/2 to a 4" square or octagonel box with 2 duplex outlets....

My question: once I wire one side of the outlet, do I just "jump" with a piece of MN to join the other outlet and do I have to strap this peice down?

Comment

THank you, I pulled a permit for this project being "JOE-HOME OWNER" because I wanted to make sure I was doing this thing right...And this home repair forum really helps me with some of the stuff i do not have an idea about or cannot find in my reference materials readily.Thank you for your reply I am at the stage that I really needed this information!!!!!
          quote:Originally posted by kactuskid

To jumper power from one outlet to the next within the same electrical box remove all of the outside sheating first, allow at minimum 6 inches of wire for this. Pigtail the grounds from the receptacles to the incoming cable ground using a wire nut or a greenie.

It's sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Comment

You're welcome and good luck with your project.

THank you, I pulled a permit for this project being "JOE-HOME OWNER" because I wanted to make sure I was doing this thing right...And this home repair forum really helps me with some of the stuff i do not have an idea about or cannot find in my reference materials readily.Thank you for your reply I am at the stage that I really needed this information!!!!!
            quote:Originally posted by kactuskid

It's sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Comment

In residential romex in conduit no big deal. NM cable is a flexible conduit w/wire already inside it. Are you putting 2 outlets in the same box and/or are these boxes exposed?

Comment

Working...
              X
              =