Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminate Flooring - Repair or??

Last week our dishwasher started to leak.. we caught it after a minute or so and stopped the leak.. After removing the dishwasher, it appears as though just a small section of floor under the laminate might have got wet.. it is dry now.. BUT one small piece has started to peak on one corner.. The floor is a click floor. I have enclosed picture of the area in question.. the red square outlines the board that I want to replace because of a peaking in the yellow circle area.. question... can I just slide out the defective section (assuming I can get it loose) and slide a replacement in? I have a package of spare laminate sections.. or is this the start of something much larger? or... with the area that has peaked subside back into shape? Help please before I proceed with dishwasher replacement or contact homeowners insurance..

I have here some information... I this in some site that i research in google search...
    Replacing Laminate Floor Boards

Step1
    To replace a section of laminate floor, remove the molding near the floorboard using a screwdriver or hammer to loosen it. Make sure you do not damage the molding; you will need to put it back in the end.
    Step2
    Remove all boards leading up to the damaged board. They all click into place, much like a jigsaw puzzle. Once you have removed the damaged board, simply click a new board into place. Then back track and replace all of the boards leading up to the molding.
    Step3
    Replace the molding using a hammer to pound it back into place. Now your floor should look as good as new.

Hope you will like this little information... Have a nice day to all of you guys..

Comment

You need to take off the plank from the long side at the corner which is the nearest to the laminate floornig panel. You can hire a professional installer to repair the flooring if you feel it is too compicated to do the work.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =