Can Some1 Help me Please???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pierce
    New Member

    • May 2011
    • 1

    #1

    Can Some1 Help me Please???

    I have a goodman model number CPKJ36-1AB heat pump. Just today it stopped cooling. After lots of checking online, and trying different things to trouble shoot, I found that the top of the outer housing is very hot in the center where the fan motor is. Also the fan will not run. I put a coat hanger in and spun the fan as I was advised to do. THe fan started and the A/C is working, however, the fan will not restart when the unit does. Will I need to replace the fan motor and if so, where can I find one? Its 90 in the shade and I have to get this fixed ASAP! Thanks in advance.
  • hvacwiz
    Handyman
    • Apr 2006
    • 97

    #2
    sounds to me like its just your fan motor capacitor that is bad.

    Comment

    • paul52446m
      Journeyman

      • Nov 2009
      • 690

      #3
      Originally posted by pierce
      I have a goodman model number CPKJ36-1AB heat pump. Just today it stopped cooling. After lots of checking online, and trying different things to trouble shoot, I found that the top of the outer housing is very hot in the center where the fan motor is. Also the fan will not run. I put a coat hanger in and spun the fan as I was advised to do. THe fan started and the A/C is working, however, the fan will not restart when the unit does. Will I need to replace the fan motor and if so, where can I find one? Its 90 in the shade and I have to get this fixed ASAP! Thanks in advance.
      If it keep running when you spun it then i would say you need a new start capacitor. Paul

      Comment

      Trending

      Collapse

      • hawkins111
        Laser 730 over firing
        by hawkins111
        Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
        The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
        11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
      • 911Restoration
        Fireplace Woes
        by 911Restoration
        Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
        09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
      Working...