I have a goodman model number CPKJ36-1AB heat pump. Just today it stopped cooling. After lots of checking online, and trying different things to trouble shoot, I found that the top of the outer housing is very hot in the center where the fan motor is. Also the fan will not run. I put a coat hanger in and spun the fan as I was advised to do. THe fan started and the A/C is working, however, the fan will not restart when the unit does. Will I need to replace the fan motor and if so, where can I find one? Its 90 in the shade and I have to get this fixed ASAP! Thanks in advance.
Can Some1 Help me Please???
Collapse
X
-
If it keep running when you spun it then i would say you need a new start capacitor. PaulI have a goodman model number CPKJ36-1AB heat pump. Just today it stopped cooling. After lots of checking online, and trying different things to trouble shoot, I found that the top of the outer housing is very hot in the center where the fan motor is. Also the fan will not run. I put a coat hanger in and spun the fan as I was advised to do. THe fan started and the A/C is working, however, the fan will not restart when the unit does. Will I need to replace the fan motor and if so, where can I find one? Its 90 in the shade and I have to get this fixed ASAP! Thanks in advance.Comment
Trending
Collapse
-
by hawkins111Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....-
Channel: Toyo Heaters
-
-
Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
-
Channel: HVAC
-
Tag Cloud
Collapse



Comment