Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Trane condensor fan

Lightning stuck my Trane split system TWE 031E13FB1 I verified control voltage in AC and fan mode while installed and suspect the fan is bad.
    How do I test this 1/2 HP MOT9229 motor, I was thinking I could apply 220V to the 3 connectors and but no hum and motor does not turn when rotation started manually.

I see there are many compatable motor models available but not very many of them for less than $300

I had to replace both control boards, the condensor unit was forcing heating strips on and the compressor cca was forcing defrost., pulled vacuum and recharged, I have cold lines to air handler unit.

Thanks for any suggestions

fan motor would be 240 single phase unless you have a three phase system. just for a test, push in the fan starter relay and put an amprobe around one line wire and see what the amp draw is. upon startup the motor draws 125% more than nameplate current then settles down as it reaches sync speed. if your current reading stays high you could have a fried start winding. check out grainger co for a motor

Comment

Working...
    X
    =