Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• york furnace issue

I have a York furnace about 7 yrs old had been working great till about a month ago code is flashing red light 7 times indicating shute down due to too many starts can anyone tell me what that means or how I can fix it without having to pay someone to do it for me

too many starts

the unit tried to start and was unsuccessful so it went into a lockdown condition. reset the protect-o-relay and try a start.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      the unit tried to start and was unsuccessful so it went into a lockdown condition. reset the protect-o-relay and try a start.
      i have looked and cannot find a reset button on what I think is the protect o relay but I still removed it and cleaned all the dust off of it but still same issue.

Comment

dust

dust will have no issue. the york is a gas furnace. if it has a standing pilot, check to see if the pilot is lit. if it has a hot bar ignition see that the element isn't cracked.
        if it is a standing pilot, check the thermocouple. the thermocouple generates a milli voltage that keeps the pilot valve open.

Comment

dust will have no issue. the york is a gas furnace. if it has a standing pilot, check to see if the pilot is lit. if it has a hot bar ignition see that the element isn't cracked.
          if it is a standing pilot, check the thermocouple. the thermocouple generates a milli voltage that keeps the pilot valve open.
          it has an electric start and it does fire up but flames stay on for a few seconds than they go off and fan stays on a few minutes than turns off too but yes I did check it and no cracks in the ignitor

Comment

furnace

what you are going to have to do is trouble shoot the flame detector circuit. look for a copper colored bulb in the flame and see if there is a small copper cappillary going to the main gas valve. this will connect to the pilot valve inside the main valve.
            this is a thermocouple system.
            the other flame detect is a flamerod. this is just a hardened wire in the flame. air around the flamerod is ionized and conducts but with a dc current which is detected by an electronic circuit.
            there's no way for you to test this, but replace the flamerod.

Comment

what you are going to have to do is trouble shoot the flame detector circuit. look for a copper colored bulb in the flame and see if there is a small copper cappillary going to the main gas valve. this will connect to the pilot valve inside the main valve.
              this is a thermocouple system.
              the other flame detect is a flamerod. this is just a hardened wire in the flame. air around the flamerod is ionized and conducts but with a dc current which is detected by an electronic circuit.
              there's no way for you to test this, but replace the flamerod.
              i think I might of got lucky and I have two systems in my house as I have a 2 storey home and I swaped the flamerod and it has been working for the past 30 minutes I will keep an eye if the upstairs heat starts to get low than I know that was the problem. thank you so much for your help as you know you haved saved me lots of money by not having to call a heater man thanks again

Comment

York Furnace Issue

Means Ignition Failure. Can be caused by dirty flame sensor, bad igniter, no Gas psi, bad gas valve, Need more information to eliminate the above listed possible causes.

Kill power, restart and post the sequence of operation.

Have a nice day,

Comment

Working...
                X
                =