manometer accuracy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • paulmars
    Handyman

    • May 2010
    • 32

    #1

    manometer accuracy

    What is a good reasonable priced accurate manometer to measure my barometric damper?

    My furnace should be 0.025 and my flue should be -0.02. Looking at the gauges for sale i see accuracy (read
    inaccuracy) ratings that would make readings in the range that I need almost useless. Exp:

    0.3% of full scale 55.00wc (0.003x55=0.165) Does that mean that a reading of 0.02 could be off by as much as

    0.165?

    +/-0.3% of full scale 83.02 InH2O NKTECH NK-L3 (0.003x83.02=0.249)

    ±1.5% of full scale 4.00wc Dwyer 478A-0 (0.15x4=0.6)

    Am I doing something wrong here?


    tks,
    pa
  • adnadeau
    Handyman
    • Aug 2008
    • 189

    #2
    You're on the right track, except +/-1.5% = 0.015 x 4" = 0.06" wc. I suggest you look at instruments with a full scale deflection closer to what you are trying to measure. For instance, a Dyer Magnehelic 2000-0 with a full scale of 0.50" wc & and an accuracy of +/-3% FS has an error of .03 x .5 = 0.015". I bought one of these on eBay a while back for $35. Also, Dyer will calibrate their instruments for a fee.

    Comment

    • paulmars
      Handyman

      • May 2010
      • 32

      #3
      great tip. that would be more accurate. I asked dwyer and they just suggested their 400$ digital high range unit that was not any more accurate. I hope their gauges are better then their customer service.

      On their Magnehelic 2000 page i also see one that is 0.25-0-0.25" w.c. and another that is 0.125-0-0.125" w.c.

      Comment

      • paulmars
        Handyman

        • May 2010
        • 32

        #4
        see http://www.homerepairforum.com/forum...7897#post57897

        Comment

        Trending

        Collapse

        • hawkins111
          Laser 730 over firing
          by hawkins111
          Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
          The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
          11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
        • 911Restoration
          Fireplace Woes
          by 911Restoration
          Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
          09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
        Working...