Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condenser Fan

Hi,
    Have a Lennox A/c unit. Outside fan wants to stop about every 1 to 2 days of usage. Replaced capacitor but again quit after 1 day. Motor was replaced last season and used for about 3 months. It will restart after a run perfectly for about a day. Is my motor bad? How do I go about checking the motor? Does the relay have anything to do with it?
    Thanks

If its not a heat pump and the defrost board could mess you up Id say put a amprobe on the motor and see what it will say.

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.
    My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

I am no expert on HVAC issues. From a purely electrical point of view, I was thinking that the fan and the motor could each be tested separately to see if they are working. Another thought is that could the fan be under temperature control in the regular hook-up? Just my two cents worth. Another possibility to check is the line voltage. Is it fluctuating too far from norm?

Comment

You stated that the motor had been changed last year. Was the capacitor changed with the motor or did you check carefully to see that the existing capacitor was the proper Mfd rating for the new motor?

Comment

I always install a new capacitor when chaging out a cond. motor, good practice to do so

HiltonTech

Comment

Did the pitch of the fan blades get "adjusted" when the new fan was put in? If that happened this could cause lack of airflow across the fan and possibly cause what you are experiencing

Brandon
            - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Brandon
            - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

Working...
            X
            =