Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan on condenser unit outside stopped/half-speed

It was a very humid rainy day today, and some work was being done for which we set the AC temp to 80. After coming home from work, and setting the temp cooler to 70-75 I noticed that after a while the house was not cooling down. I checked the breakers (a set of 40A for the 125/250V and a double 20A labeled "AC Fan" which has to be for the fan unit in the attic) and they weren't tripped, and so I reset them anyway.

When I approached the condenser unit outside I heard the condenser pump going but the fan was at about half speed -- which was a bad sign(?). We have a White-Rodgers 70 Series thermostat, and at one point tonight the condenser pump was going but the fan was stopped -- and there was some pretty hot air floating out of the unit.

Is there some way to debug the fan on top of the condenser unit to get that full speed. What part of the system controls the fan outside?

I have a call in to AHS, so the service request is in.

only way is to check the schematic to see what controls the fan - whether it is a two speed or single speed fan. the condenser fan works according to the condenser temperature. the condeser's function is to get rid of the heat in the freon closed loop.

Comment

head pressure will up big time, don't run until fixed
      Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Working...
      X
      =