Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Vent Fan - to small - replace?

I live in a manufactured home that the master bathroom has a very small ceiling vent fan installed. It is to small to adequately remove moisture when taking a long hot shower.. but within 1/2 hour of completing the shower manages to clear the mirrors.. I would like to install a larger capacity unit and it seems rather simple BUT am I overlooking something? It appears as though all I have to do is disconnect the existing unit shell from the thru roof vent connection, unwire electrical, remove mount, cut larger opening in ceiling sheet rock if necessary and then reinstall the now larger unit... BUT.. again am I overlooking something that is not obvious to me... the clearance from the ceiling to the roof vent is more than adequate for a larger unit! Any other suggestions?

Something like this I'm guessing?

My only thought would be the roof vent. Is it large enough to accomidate the additional airflow? If it's too small for the new fan unit, it might create some pressure in the duct and force it off the nipple at one end. Maybe secure it really well just in case?

It's a fairly simple system and it sounds like you've got it pretty well covered!
    Last edited by Psycho0124; 09-09-2009, 07:28 PM.
    If man makes it, man can fix it!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =