Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venmar Pro250 damper issues

I have a Venmar Pro250 HRV. It’s been installed for five years and worked great. And however now the damper is not functioning so I cannot exchange air. I’m trying to determine if the motor is faulty or if it is the circuit board. Does anyone have a schematic? Particularly of connector J12 that goes to the damper motor from the PCB. I’ve of course tried Venmar’s website and technical support with exactly zero success. TIA

I recommend these guys for any help you might need. The do have a web site: Thermal Associates, 21 Thomson Ave, Glens Falls, NY 12801, 518.798.5500
    The damper on my AVS Solo 1.5 has a connector with 2 conductors & runs on 120VAC. It's a locked rotor motor. I had to replace mine after 20 or so years. Check to make sure the mechanism is not getting caught on anything in the unit. I would try disconnecting the motor and run 120V to it to see if it moves.

Comment

Well I spent quite a bit of time tracing wires and checking components and outputs. Then I happened to see a paragraph in the manual that mentioned the “boot sequence”. The lightbulb came on (dimly)! I unplugged it, waited 30 seconds, and plugged it back in. Works perfectly.

Lots of people contact me for tech support on various things and the first thing I always ask is if they’ve tried a Mexican reset. I’m so dumb sometimes!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =