Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 41 Dead after 4 years storage

I'm trying to resurrect a once-working Monitor 41 (K-1) that was put in storage in working condition. However it is now DOA, no display, no nothing. I downloaded looked at the 441 manual on this site, and unfortunately there are several differences with the main PCB - There is power getting to PCB, +5v and +12v are OK, fuses are OK, connectors seem to be OK, just nothing happening on display at all.

There is K-1 feeding the unit-I pulled the filter and it looks fine, I would think that even if there was something major wrong with a mechanical or electrical part I would at least get something out of the display.

I'd like to think I've missed something obvious, can someone get me back on track.

M41 power problem

We have to assume the fuses are good?

If you have a Volt Ohm meter, you can check the transformer. The H connector should show 17 Ohm’s, the L connector 824 Ohm’s, and the M connector 1.3 Ohm’s. That will prove the transformer. If that is OK you need to look into the indicator circuit, particularly the On/Off switch.

Keep us posted,

Tom

Comment

Update on Monitor 41 problem-

Well, it looks like more than a problem with transformer/connections - I checked the voltage regulators on the pcb, and I have the +5 volts and +12 volts going to the circuitry. I have put an oscilloscope on the cpu lines, and I can see that the clock is running, but there doesn't seem to be any I/O occurring on any of the ports. I made sure that the reset line wasn't pulled down, but I don't have the correct schematic for the 41, just the 441 schematic and unfortunately it's different enough that I'm stumped. Does anyone out there have the schematic to the 41 ? If so I'd sure like to have a look at it. Thanks -

Comment

Working...
      X
      =