Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor 41 won't restart

The stove fires up and goes through the first burn cycle and shuts down. then when temp drops the burn lights start flashing. if I turn stove off and then back on it sill fire up and go through another complete burn cycle.

burn cycle

Frank,

I believe you are mis interputing the burn cycle. The status light will not flash unless there is an abnormal shut down of the heater. This abnormal shut down will happen only during the start cycle or during the burning part of the cycle. It does not happen after a normal shut down. A complete burn cycle is a pre purge, Med, High, Med, Low, shut down post purge.
    Yes if you lose power the lights will flash, but you did not mention a power loss.

You do have a problem with your heater and we need to clear up some stuff before we get to the real problem.

# 1: Can you see the flame in the burner pot?
    # 2: Is the circulating fan cover and blade spotlessly clean?
    # 3: When was the last time you changed the tank filter?
    # 4: Is the flue pipe outside clear of ice or snow?

Keep us posted,

Tom

Comment

Thanks for responding
      I can see the flame in the burner
      fan and cover are clean
      tank filter is good
      flue pipe is up away from snow
      the stove cycles up thru high and then bck down to low and then shuts down the burn the next time ya look at the stove the lights are flashing.
      I have replaced all the fan moter bearings cleaned the heatexchanger, checked flame rod clearence. the fire pot is a bit warped but I,ve seen alot worse. I just push the off botton and then start it agian and the stove works great till it shuts down the burn all the way. then it won't start back up. seems like I can run the stove this way all day long? This stove has several contact point set and one seems to arch and maybe its not passing voltsge? I tryed to clean the piont set put no luck.

Comment

warped burner

Frank,

If you noticed the burner warped then it is warped. Any warping of the pot means it must be changed out. If the pot was warped then the burner ring is warped also. You need to overhaul the combustion chamber. Until that is complete you will continue to have trouble. If you have replaced the bearings in the combustion motor I hope you looked at the “O” ring on the solenoid damper?? If it is broken and blocking the damper it will soot the stove in short order.

Tom

Comment

another thing is when the burner lights flash it means the computer has gone into lockout. you must physically unplug the heater then plug it in to reset the computer. even with the on-off switch off, there is still power going into the heater.

Comment

Working...
          X