Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 422

Hi:

I'm going this weekend to pick up a used Monitor 422 in EXCELLENT condition, it is about a 100 mile trip one way. Here is my question - can I lay the heater flat in the back of my truck, or do I need to keep it upright?????????? I DO NOT WANT TO DAMAGE IT!!!!

Thanks,
    Don

Carry stove upright

Don,

You need to be sure to carry the stove up right. If it tips over the sump will spill fuel. That’s not that big a deal. However if the burner ring becomes dislodged you will have to break down the combustion chamber to get to it. Handle the stove as gently as you can to keep the burner ring from being jarred out of position.

Tom

Comment

Thanks

Hi Tom:

Thanks for the info. - that is just what I suspected.

Don

Comment

the burner mat is just held on by a high temp glue in the bottom of the pot. and like hawkins said there might be some kero in the sump. when you install it, pitch the inlet/outlet pipe fitting a quarter inch down [outside] from the horizontal. I believe it takes a 2 1/2 inch hole saw to use. the outside gasket is thicker on one side than the other so the thicker side goes up.

Comment

i think Tom was referring to the burn ring not the mat

Comment

Update

Hi:

Got the heater home just fine.....the guy said it was in perfect condition & indeed it is. Bought a kit to rebuild it & when I opened it up, it looked like that had just been done, so I decided to leave it alone for now. Installed it a couple of weeks ago & it works perfectly.

Don

Comment

Economy Plus

Don,

If you can stand the swing of 12 degrees in your room temperature you can increase your service time by using the Economy Plus feature. This feature will allow the stove to cycle much less than normal. With the feature ON the stove will allow the temp to run up 12 degrees over the set temp instead of 4 degrees. The stove will start as normal and then go to Low and stay there until 12 degrees over the set is reached. This reduces the heating and cooling of the stove components, reducing the warping of those pieces. You will not see much fuel savings, however maintenance will be reduced by a lot. If the stove is in a game room or shop this is a great feature.

Tom

Comment

Economy Plus

Tom:

Hadn't thought much about trying this feature, but since it's in my shop, I will give it a try. Should be just fine for that. Thanks.

Don

Comment

Working...
                X
                =