Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a 441 monitor service manual

hi everyone ,
    iam trying to replace some parts on my monitor 441, but i think i may need a service manual, on it. before i try to break it down. i have searched the net for awhile now, and no help at all. can anyone help! please? .if so please send it to me i would pay for it .thanks
    jsc

monitor

get hold of dfitz or hawkins111.

Comment

Service Manual

I have the service manual in PDF form saved to my computer. If you'll send me a PM with your email address I'll gladly send it to you attached to an email.

Comment

what happened to your manual Hayzee ?

Comment

hello sir and thanks for your help

hi
          my email address is joesconley@peoplepc.com and just tell me what i owe you i have tried and tried to get a copy of this manual your the best and thanks again .
          joe conley

Comment

hi again

hi,
            iam sorry i just figured out what the pm stood for i think its private message and again i am sorry
            joe conley

Comment

monitor manual

get hold of fordman, dfitz or hawkins111. they have the manual at no cost to you

Comment

hi sir
                thanks for the reply i'll try to get hold of one of them thanks i am new at this it may take me awhile to learn how to do this
                one ask for a pm and i didn't know what a pm was till it was to late i did finally guessed it thow. my wife and i are in our sixties and tring to repair our selves thanks again

joe s conley

Comment

monitor

hi, I started posting about monitor heaters around 2005. since then many have come into this forum to get their heaters working again. dfitz is out near vermont, hawkins111 is in bethel alaska, I'm in ny near canada. any questions just shoot! I'm sure we can get you going again. I'm also in my 60's. - hayzee

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                    hi, I started posting about monitor heaters around 2005. since then many have come into this forum to get their heaters working again. dfitz is out near vermont, hawkins111 is in bethel alaska, I'm in ny near canada. any questions just shoot! I'm sure we can get you going again. I'm also in my 60's. - hayzee

hi again hayzee,
                    ok let me start .when the monitor starts up you can smell the exaust fumes for 2-3 seconds and also it doesn't seem to heat up like it used to . i know it is 11-12 years old or so but i thought it would be good, to give it an overhaul. so i purchased a package from ebay $ 300 or so i think maybe a burner w/gaskets a pot w/gasket window w/gasket and a couple 1" to maybe a 1 1/2" round rubber seals . but i have no idea where to start or what i am doing .this is why i figured a service manual would help . and thanks! hayzee for your help. iam not so good with the computer either. also i must admit i am a little afraid to start as far as remembering where everything goes back.
                    joe
                    Last edited by joesconley; 09-05-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

service manual

the service manual isn't going to give you a play by play description on how to take apart your heater. all it is is a flow chart type symptom - result type of manual.
                      Experience will tell you what to look for.
                      Now you say when yours starts you smell kerosene. Your vented system has the combustion process isolated from your room. You should not be smelling kerosene UNLESS the combustion pot gasket is shot and there are four of them. one is in the top, another is the large steel plate on the side, another one is at the first heat exchanger fin and the last is below the pot where the air flow goes into the pot. one more area is where the offset nipple is in back. there are two rubber O rings here.
                      if your fuel sump is overflowing then you'll smell kerosene and if you use dyed kerosene, there'll be a reddish colored film in your heater base.
                      get back to us on what you find.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                        the service manual isn't going to give you a play by play description on how to take apart your heater. all it is is a flow chart type symptom - result type of manual.
                        Experience will tell you what to look for.
                        Now you say when yours starts you smell kerosene. Your vented system has the combustion process isolated from your room. You should not be smelling kerosene UNLESS the combustion pot gasket is shot and there are four of them. one is in the top, another is the large steel plate on the side, another one is at the first heat exchanger fin and the last is below the pot where the air flow goes into the pot. one more area is where the offset nipple is in back. there are two rubber O rings here.
                        if your fuel sump is overflowing then you'll smell kerosene and if you use dyed kerosene, there'll be a reddish colored film in your heater base.
                        get back to us on what you find.
                        ok thanks for the info i will try this and see what happens.thanks again
                        joe

Comment

Joe, sent you an email hope it helps

Dan

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting the manual to you, but I haven't been visiting the site as often as I should have therefore I hadn't received your message. I had 3 requests for the manual and have now fulfilled them all. With heating season coming upon us again I need to start checking in more often.

Comment

i sent Joe a link to the monitor tear down info on a well known web site. i haven't heard back from him yet. it seems he might benefit more from how they work and tear down than a manual at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =