Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back again--noise from heater

I HAVE THE HEATER APART AND AM PUTTING NEW FACTORY GASKETS AND BURN MAT IN IT. tHE EXPLODED VIEW PRINT FOR THE 422 SHOWS THE FLAME ROD GASKET BEING INSTALLED AFTER THE PROBE IS INSTALLED (BETWEEN THE PROBE AND THE SCREW ON BRACKET) IS THIS CORRECT? ALSO I HAVE CHECKED OUT THE COMBUSTION FAN AND AM SURE THAT IT IS NOT THE CAUSE OF NOISE. THE NOISE STARTS AFTER BURNER IS LIT AND SOMETIMES JUST BEFORE THE CIRCULATING FAN COMES ON AND SOMETIMES JUST AFTER. THE SQUEAL COMES ON FROM LOW VOLUME, INCRESES IN VOLUME FOR 20 TO 30 SECONDS AND ABRUPTLY STOPS AND MAKES NO NOISE AGAIN UNTIL NEXT CYCLE . IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IT IS SOME KIND OF SEALING PROBLEM WITH THE GASKET NOT SEALING? IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEAS I WOULD TRULY BE GRATEFUL. THANKS, TOM

howling M422

Tom, The howling noise is more than likely coming from the air side being obstructed by the Air Damper being side ways or blocking the air some how. To make sure, you are using a Monitor Flue pipe and not a Toyo???. An improperly installed burner mat can also cause the howling. The howling is caused by a flame that is swirling in the pot trying to draw enough air or having too much air causing the flame to spiral in the pot. Is the baffle in the exhaust pipe outlet? The Z pipe should be between the baffle and the O ring in the outlet. The mat install is very critical. Just enough glue to hold the mat down and not too much to push through the weave and stop the wicking of the fuel. As far as the flame sensor gasket is concerned, it should be in front of the sensor, between the sensor and the chamber. Tom Hawkins

Comment

Working...
    X
    =