Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moniter 40 heater carb arm broke

I have a old moniter 40 and I tink the arm has broke on the carb..theone where you push in and out,,,it is causing the tank to overflow....is there a fix for this??/thanksor a diagraham to help outmany thanks

moniter 40

Can this arm be replaced or isit need to help hold the float down?I have 2 moniters and they both are broken at the bottom of the arm(theone you push in and out I guess to prime)there is a little hook on the bottom of it...and it has broken off....I can send pictures if needed.....I hope someone can help me out here..I know these heaters are old bu have been serviced a few years back and seem to run fine...untill i started it up this year and noticed it overflowing...I took the top off the carb and I saw the arm was broken at the bottom,,

Comment

monitor 40

you sure it isn't an M41? In either case check e bay for parts. your problem started because you didn't clean the water out from the bottom of the sump. when kero floats on top of water it forms a brown crappy looking mess that needs to be cleaned out. yours, unfortunately went too far and rusted out the linkage. it needs replacement. you can't fix it.

Comment

monitor 41

hayzeeyes it s a 41Is that that part available seperate?also do you know the name of that partI was thinking maybe I could maybe solder a peice(like a hook there to fix it?)

Comment

Originally posted by shen View Post
          hayzeeyes it s a Monitor 40 Is that that part available seperate?also do you know the name of that part I was thinking maybe I could maybe solder a peice(like a hook there to fix it?)
          its working now but would like to replace the part...

Comment

monitor 40

well no go...its back to not working again,I thought the arm was only to prime the carb?

Comment

sump lockout

that part is the sump lockout arm. it is spring loaded that toggles over center. when you have too much fuel or not enough fuel the arm moves over center and stops the fuel flow. it operates off that black float arm. it does NOT prime anything! Instructions say to press this thing once or twice. what you are doing is moving the needle valve off its seat to fill the fuel bowl. it also resets the toggle. you can try to fix it but I don't think you can get it hot enough with a soldering gun to adhere two metal pieces together. brazing or tig welding would be better.

Comment

lockout arm

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                that part is the sump lockout arm. it is spring loaded that toggles over center. when you have too much fuel or not enough fuel the arm moves over center and stops the fuel flow. it operates off that black float arm. it does NOT prime anything! Instructions say to press this thing once or twice. what you are doing is moving the needle valve off its seat to fill the fuel bowl. it also resets the toggle. you can try to fix it but I don't think you can get it hot enough with a soldering gun to adhere two metal pieces together. brazing or tig welding would be better.
                I tired calling a local shop to see if i could locate one...is this part available?thanks

Comment

"when you have too much fuel or not enough fuel the arm moves over center and stops the fuel flow"

now which is it Hayzee ? if the float drops to the lowest level why would the arm stop the flow ? Just curious

Comment

trip lever

all I know is from my experience with the M41. too much fuel the needlevalve tang actuates the lever into lockout and when the float drops to the bottom it also trips the lever. the lockout lever sort of floats on the spring between the two points.

Comment

Shen, please send a picture

Comment

i was looking at an old CLV from a 422 and it works as i would expect by opening the needle seat whenever the float is down and locks out when it is overfilled .. maybe the 41 is somehow different

Comment

lockout arm

you are right Mr Fitz.
                          A friend of mine has one. I opened up the sump and looked. full up motion locks out the toggle. all the way down it opens the needle valve. pressing the red tang from the outside resets the toggle and opens the needle.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =