Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad fuel pump

I have a monitor 441 we bought it used it is suppose to be only 2 years old we just hooked it up and it comes on and runs it turns red inside I guess the igniter is working but it is making a clicking noise from the fuel pump so I took it out and cleaned everything it had what looked like orange mud in it I put it all back together again and it is still doing the same thing I checked the fuel lines also and the one going in to the part where it fires and no fuel came out of that line at all do I need a new pump or what and where can you find the parts for these.

thumping fuel pump

If you hear a “clicking” or thumping noise you have a fuel problem. The pump is working but not getting any fuel. If there was orange junk in the bottom of the sump, you need to clean the filter on the tank and the filter on the stove. I would also say you need to blow out the entire fuel line. Use the Monitor web site and find a wholesaler, contact them and they will give you a dealer that can help you with parts and service. The dealer can also get you a manual.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by rwheatley View Post
      I have a monitor 441 we bought it used it is suppose to be only 2 years old we just hooked it up and it comes on and runs it turns red inside I guess the igniter is working but it is making a clicking noise from the fuel pump so I took it out and cleaned everything it had what looked like orange mud in it I put it all back together again and it is still doing the same thing I checked the fuel lines also and the one going in to the part where it fires and no fuel came out of that line at all do I need a new pump or what and where can you find the parts for these.

If you hear the clicking the pump is working. Clean your sump tank where your fuel pump goes in. Did you hit the primer on the side of the sump tank to allow the fuel to come into the heater. Once you clean it and have it back together you can turn the oil on with the top off and the fuel pump out to ensure you have fuel coming in. Did you check the back of the stove to ensure you had fuel coming to the back. Your line could be air locked.

Comment

The cheapest place I've found for replacement Monitor parts is Hickory Home and Garden in Hickory, NC. You can do a web search for Hickory Home and Garden and get to their web site. They don't have Monitor parts listed on their site, but they do have a phone number listed on their site. I've purchased parts from them a couple times their parts are often about 25% less than other suppliers and they ship quickly by USPS priority mail. Sounds like it could just be a blockage in the fuel line or possibly carbon build up where the fuel enters the burn chamber.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =