Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 2200 Auto reset error

Hi all! I have a Monitor 2200 and it heats and in my opinion is a great unit. The only problem I am having is that I use it in a cottage I have in the Pocono's Mountains here in Pa. It heats great but after using it for 24 hours or so at lets say 70 degrees it automatically resets it self to 76 degrees and the digital display just blinks 8888. It continues to turn it self on and off but at 76 degrees. This happens even though there is no power interruption or any other changes being made to the heater. I have tried to but on the child lock and even put it on the economy setting but nothing seems to help. I have also read the manual to find an answer but it doesn't seem to address this issue. Any and all help will be much appreciated.

heater

the only reason it would blink 88:88 is because of a power interruption or the computer is faulty.
    running it in economy-plus the room reading overshoots the setpoint by 6-8 degrees.
    the computer needs to be unplugged and plugged back in to reset the computer. there is no automatic reset.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      the only reason it would blink 88:88 is because of a power interruption or the computer is faulty.
      running it in economy-plus the room reading overshoots the setpoint by 6-8 degrees.
      the computer needs to be unplugged and plugged back in to reset the computer. there is no automatic reset.
      It has done it a few times even when I was just in the next room so I know there wasn't any power interruption. Is there a certain plug that I need to unplug to reset the computer?

Comment

monitor

no, the regular power plug is all that needs to be unplugged and plugged back in.
        with the power plug plugged in, and the on-off button not touched, there is still power to the dc power supply on the motherboard.
        when you press the on-off button which is a tactile push button, a solid state relay on the motherboard is energized and feeds power to the rest of the circuit.
        when you press the on-off again, the relay is de-energized and its circuit opens, but there is still power applied to the power supply.
        120 volts AC is stepped down to 24 voltsAC and is then fed to a bridge rectifier which changes the AC to DC. Further voltage reductions are accomplished through a voltage divider network.
        88:88 is a function of the IC driver to the seven segment numeric readout. a fault defaults to the 88:88 reading.
        a specific fault or error results in an E with a number.
        the economy-plus feature allows the heater to come up to the setpoint and overshoots the setpoint and throttles the unit into an idle condition in low so that there isn't a shock to the system of shutdown, pre-purge, purge, pump fuel, ignite fuel, detect flame, shift into high etc. then shutdown when the setpoint is reached.
        for the sake of argument, check the rubber tubing that comes from the combustion blower to the air proving switch. see that it isn't cracked where it fits onto the nipple of the air switch. if it is replace the tubing.

Comment

M2200 power lose

Serf,

We need to know a couple of things before we can get to the bottom of this. Do you have the clock set to the current time each time this happens? Do you have the Auto button ON whenever this happens?

Comment

I never bother setting the clock, but I have ran it on the auto setting as well as the manual and it has done it both ways.

Comment

M2200 indicator panel

When you set the temp to 70, do you push the Set button? If not, the temp will not change to 70. Without pushing the Set button the temp will revert to the temp that had been in the stove from the previous setting. The 88:88 will show at all times if you don’t set the clock and then push the Time/ Temp button, which will allow you to see the temp in the window. Do not push the Auto button unless you program the stove to run at different temps at different times.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
                When you set the temp to 70, do you push the Set button? If not, the temp will not change to 70. Without pushing the Set button the temp will revert to the temp that had been in the stove from the previous setting. The 88:88 will show at all times if you don’t set the clock and then push the Time/ Temp button, which will allow you to see the temp in the window. Do not push the Auto button unless you program the stove to run at different temps at different times.

Tom
                Hi Tom
                I do hit the set button after setting the temp and the unit works great sometimes for a day or more, keeping perfect temperture. It reads the set temp and the actual temp. Then for no reason it will brink 8888 and maintains a temp of 76 degrees until I reset the temp at the desired level. I never have programed the stove to run at different temps at different times then set it to auto. Maybe I should try doing so and see if I still have the above mentioned problem. what do you think?

Comment

M2200 power lose

Serf,

Set the clock first. Without the clock set we we can't tell how long the power lose is for. Less than 30 minutes the clock will still show time. Don't use the Auto or Economy Plus until you figure out what is going on. All it will do is confuse the issue. First of all I would plug the stove into a different outlet with the temp showing in the window with the clock set in the back ground. Try a different temp, 68, 66 or so. Get back to us.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =