Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 441 service manual

My new used 441 will start, fan won't, then shuts down. Could really use a service manual.
    Please em to ces9112@gmail.com.

Thanks

Chuck

service manual

the service manual isn't like a motor's manual for a car that explains how to disassemble or put together the heater. It's a flow chart setup, given symptoms with suggested fixes. The real means of repairing a heater comes with experience.
    Believe me you'll get more assistance from this forum. There's people in here that have the experience of repairing monitors.
    Myself [HayZee518] started this thread on Monitors. There was no way I was going to pay a $350 charge for just coming out to the house to troubleshoot a heater. I had an M41 at that time. I now have a propane 3800 and an M2400.
    Hawkins is in Bethel Alaska, DFitz is in Vermont [New England] Fordman has lots of spare parts.

Comment

-yellow flame-no fans starting-then 8888

Thanks-HayZee518

THE PROBLEM-SYMPTOMS
      -yellow flame-no fans starting-then 8888

How soon after ignition should the combustion fan start?
      And what are possible causes besides the PCB.
      I just downloaded Trouble shooting guide.

Thanks

Chuck

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      the service manual isn't like a motor's manual for a car that explains how to disassemble or put together the heater. It's a flow chart setup, given symptoms with suggested fixes. The real means of repairing a heater comes with experience.
      Believe me you'll get more assistance from this forum. There's people in here that have the experience of repairing monitors.
      Myself [HayZee518] started this thread on Monitors. There was no way I was going to pay a $350 charge for just coming out to the house to troubleshoot a heater. I had an M41 at that time. I now have a propane 3800 and an M2400.
      Hawkins is in Bethel Alaska, DFitz is in Vermont [New England] Fordman has lots of spare parts.

Comment

monitor start

When the monitor starts, the combustion fan is the first to come on and the last to shut off. If yours isn't starting , check the fuses on the motherboard. If fuses are ok, then the motherboard is shot or the motor is bound up or shot.
        some combustion blowers use a sintered bronze sleeve bearing in which case there'll be oil ports on the end bells. others are ball bearings 7mm bore #608Z sealed both sides.

Comment

COMBUSTION FAN START TIME - Potential PCB Issue

FUSES appear to be OK. Will test upon finding my VM METER.

Removed air intake hose and the motor spins freely so not likely the issue.

????
          Should the combustion fan come on as soon as the oil ignites or is their a warm up period before the combustion fan starts.

Again the flame is yellow and not blue. I have not drained the bowl of any water-dirty oil.

Can the yellow burn -poor combustion impact the combustion fan start?

Where do I send the board for a reliable fix at at reasonable cost??
          Are new boards still available?

Thanks

Chuck

Comment

Chuck, sent you a email if board is bad try mathiselectronics dot com.

Comment

M441 service

Chuck,

You are jumping to too many conclusions. I doubt the board is the problem. You need to understand the cycle of the stove first before you decide the main circuit board is bad. The probable cause is the stove needs service. New mat, ring, clean the burner and heat exchanger, fix the O ring in the damper and if needed bearings in the blower. Most of the above may need to be done every 3 to 5 years on a M441. If you have never done a service the first one may take you a day or so. Get a manual and some parts on hand before you start.

Tom

Comment

Yellow flame - was combustion fan start- fan is running fine.

Did the reset on the board.
                Combustion fan is running........much quieter then I expected and was likely running earlier.......
                New to this unit.

Pulled the left screw by the filter. Oil was clean and no signs of water.

Yellow flame in the pot.

Has anyone discovered a video on the burner cleaning process?
                I have searched Youtube, DIY and found nothing.

Thanks to all!!

Chuck

Comment

video

you won't either. there is no such thing unless someone makes up one.
                  servicing a unit is all done by experience and by mouth [er typing messages] in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck S View Post
                    My new used 441 will start, fan won't, then shuts down. Could really use a service manual.
                    Please em to ces9112@gmail.com.

Thanks

Chuck
                    Email sent.

Comment

Chuck,
                      did you get all the info for the 441 ?
                      have you had a chance to look at it ?
                      let us know how you are making out
                      Dan

Comment

UP AND RUNNING - THANKS TO ALL FOR THE QUICK EDUCATION- CHUCK S - Great List!!

Below is my email to Rick who took the time to forward the manual which was very helpful.

The major problem is in RED.

Thanks Ricky,

Service manual was very helpful.

Pulled the lid off the burn chamber to find that the last person who serviced the unit didn't have the combustion ring clipped onto the 3 pins. I moved the unit into the house with a 2 wheel dolly and the combustion ring was actually standing vertically in the burn chamber.

Cleaned, the combustion ring, reassembled, and fired it up.

I will be needing some of the material you have. Need to do a complete list of items needed.
                        What should I be replacing in the unit. the combustion ring looked fine.

The burn cloth was loose on one of the corners. I'm not sure if this will damage the unit.

YOUR THOUGHTS!!

I would like to run it till spring and then do a complete servicing.

Thanks

Chuck S
                        ================================================== =========================

Comment

burner mat

only one corner shouldn't be too bad. if it was all curled up, then yes.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =