Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor motor test

Can a blower or fan motor be tested out of the unit? What voltage do they need? This would save a lot of time when installing new bearings.Would appreciate help in this regard. Thanks!
    I realize the fan motor has 2 speeds and the blower motor 1.
    Last edited by DGE777; 11-02-2013, 07:40 PM.

blower motor

adnadeau has a flowchart troubleshooting chart that shows the mb connections to the circ fan.
    it probably is 120 volt with two windings for high-low speed.

Comment

Monitor blower motor

Which model stove do you have? The blower has two speeds. Its speed is controlled by the main circuit board. If you are looking at voltage, you will be checking the main board. If you want to check the motor, you need the resistance values. The blower motor on a M441 should show 78 OHMs on the WH and GR wire and 92 OHMs on the GR and OR. A M422 motor should show 22 OHMs on the black wires.

Tom

Comment

blower motor voltages

Both blower motors can be tested independently. I used an old TV cheater cord (modified the connector) to test my combustion blower when I replaced the bearings. If you can read a schematic, you'll see that they both are connected to 120VAC for high speed. The microcontroller on the motherboard switches on ICs 7, 8, & 9 at the appropriate times to change speeds.
        Attached Files

Comment

This should be a better copy of the schematic.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by adnadeau View Post
            This should be a better copy of the schematic.
            ADNADEAU- Thanks for the schematic which puts me at ease bench testing. This is good information for now and future questions. THANKS

Comment

additional

I forgot to mention that the corresponding capacitor has to be connected to its blower motor wires. The combustion motor capacitor is on the blower housing; the circulation motor capacitor is on the PCB.

Comment

adnadeau - Got it,understood and thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X
                =