Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPI Monitor 2400

I have a quick question, just installed my monitor and it kept reading E 13 error, well I know that this is dust or rust or something in the pipes or low fuel. Well there was neither. Cleaned all of the filters the one inside the heater and the one outside at the tank. The message kept coming up, so I tried different things...I took the Cover for the unused air intake off and the monitor is on now and working fine. No error messages coming up. So, my question is, does this cover have to be on? I do not smell any fumes but I was just wondering.

air side problem

There is a chance you have a blocked air side. When you removed the second air port you got enough air to let the stove run. If this is the case you will need to look into the flue pipe and make sure the air side is clear. A blocked air side does two things. One, not enough air for combustion, two, not enough air pressure to close the fuel pump circuit.

I think the real issue is the fuel line had a little air in it and finally cleared itself.

Tom

Comment

Thank you

Thank you I will do that. It is vented outside and you can feel the air blowing out the vent. Should I try putting the cover back on to see what it does.

Comment

error code

the following I copied from the 2400's error code file
        E13 No ignition. Failure of ignitor, solenoid pump
        or circuit board.
        Incorrect wiring or flame rod
        touches to burner parts.
        Air pressure switch or overheat switch

with that in mind, check fuel flow, constant level lockout, flamerod touching the pot or the burner ring, igniter not on.
        It's early but I have found water frozen in the fuel line.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =