Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor 422 noisy pump

my 4 year old monitor 422 works fine most of the time but occasionally the pump begins to make noise and then it will shut down saying that it is out of fuel and I must reset it...note...if I am here when the pump starts to make noise....I can gently kick the bottom of the unit and it will come out of the noisy pump stage and continue heating normally...it happens more often when it is coldest or when it is on high...has anyone heard of this problem before??? I had it looked at by a professional, but he could not figure it out...I need to be able to rely on it here in Maine if I have to go away to aid my 84 year old dad...if I am not here when it happens it will not reset itself....PLEASE HELP!!!!

Fuel Line/Filter Restriction

Originally posted by fre2be56 View Post
    my 4 year old monitor 422 works fine most of the time but occasionally the pump begins to make noise and then it will shut down saying that it is out of fuel and I must reset it...note...if I am here when the pump starts to make noise....I can gently kick the bottom of the unit and it will come out of the noisy pump stage and continue heating normally...it happens more often when it is coldest or when it is on high...has anyone heard of this problem before??? I had it looked at by a professional, but he could not figure it out...I need to be able to rely on it here in Maine if I have to go away to aid my 84 year old dad...if I am not here when it happens it will not reset itself....PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Have you checked all the fuel lines going to and inside the heater to be sure they are clear of dirt and debris and checked the filter on the bottom right side of the heater as you face it to be sure it's not stopped up? If the pump is making a thumping noise it's because it's not getting any fuel or the correct amount of fuel. A few weeks ago the line going to the constant level valve on my 422 got partially clogged and kept sounding the alarm that the heater was empty. I blew through the line and cleared the blockage and it's running fine now. If you're running off of an outside tank are you sure there's not water in the bottom of the tank getting in the line that could be freezing and restricting fuel flow? If you're running the heater off of the capsule tank also be sure the strainer the capsule tank sits in is clean.
    Last edited by FordMan59; 12-06-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

are you sure your 422 is only four years old ?

Comment

Working...
      X
      =