Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

monitor 422 questions fuel pump test.....

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor 422 questions fuel pump test.....

I am new to this forum, and I tell ya, it is a lifesaver! So...can anyone tell me how to test a fuel pump on a 422? Or on any Monitor? Also, seems a lot of people post service manuals on here but I cannot seem to open them off the thread. I can post my email if someone can send them to me. I currently have 9 Monitors I have purchased both working and not. Some I have fixed and some just have me stumped. I look foward to to everyone's help.

Service Manual

If you'll post or PM me your email address I can help you with a copy of the service manual.

Comment

manual......

Originally posted by FordMan59 View Post
      If you'll post or PM me your email address I can help you with a copy of the service manual.
      avila@fronternet.net

Comment

Originally posted by FredAvila View Post
        I am new to this forum, and I tell ya, it is a lifesaver! So...can anyone tell me how to test a fuel pump on a 422? Or on any Monitor? Also, seems a lot of people post service manuals on here but I cannot seem to open them off the thread. I can post my email if someone can send them to me. I currently have 9 Monitors I have purchased both working and not. Some I have fixed and some just have me stumped. I look foward to to everyone's help.

Fuel pump can be tested by taking the j plug off the circuit board. When the lights come on to indicate ignition you can cross the terminals out with a pair of plyers on the board and the fuel pump should work if it is not bad..

Comment

Test....

I crossed J plug n the board and nothing happens. Tried a couple different pumps, and none start pumping. What else can I try?

Comment

M422 fuel pump

You should be aware the pump is on only when the status lights are ON and steady. When the status lights are on steady the main board is sending power to the pump. In order for the pump to come on the Air Safety switch needs to be closed to complete the circuit. The air safety switch closes when the blower motor is up to speed. NO blower or a blocked air or exhaust pipe will cause the pump not to come on. There are several posts on the site that cover the air safety switch and the over heat switches. M422 and M441 have the same systems, but not the same circuit boards.

Tom
            Last edited by hawkins111; 01-15-2014, 03:15 PM. Reason: more specific data

Comment

I crossed J plug n the board and nothing happens. Tried a couple different pumps, and none start pumping. What else can I try?
              If you are waiting unitl the orange lights come on and then crossing it over chances are real good it is the board. You can try a 41 board in it if is 21 or 22 if it is a 422 u can use a 441 board if you don't have a board for it.

Comment

Test....

Thanks Bryand. I have 3 (M41) boards and 1 (M21) board. They won't work, huh?

Comment

Thanks Bryand. I have 3 (M41) boards and 1 (M21) board. They won't work, huh?
                  No the plug in's from the temp control panel are different with a 422 would take a 441 board to work on 422 also the fan plug in is different. To change is a lot of work but you could take the temp control, dissplay control, fan and fuel pump control off of a 21 and put on the 422 and try it but that is a lot of work just to find out what is wrong.
                  Last edited by Bryand; 01-16-2014, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =