Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor fuel tank purge

thanks to all who have posted such a volume of information on this site. I am hoping to use a pair of Monitor heaters in place of a forced air furnace next winter, an intended to use the existing fuel oil tank as it is empty, in basement already, and in new shape. I saw advice on the Toyostove website to have the tank purged if it had been used previously as mine has. Does this pertain to the Monitor also? Would flushing with a few gallons of K1 be sufficient? Thanks in advance

tank in basement

If you do not know what type of fuel was used it would be a good idea to flush the tank with #1 fuel or K1 or what ever they call it in your area. You will need a filter on the tank after the shut off valve. Since the tank is in the basement you may need a fuel lifter pump. They cost around $400. This will get the fuel up to your first or second floors so it can be used by your Monitor. You can use the lifter to run two heaters with no trouble. If one is on the second floor and one is on the first you will need a pressure reducer for the first floor unit. The lifter should be placed a little higher than the top of the heater which will give you enough gravity feed to run it.

Tom

Comment

Monitor fuel tank

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
      If you do not know what type of fuel was used it would be a good idea to flush the tank with #1 fuel or K1 or what ever they call it in your area. You will need a filter on the tank after the shut off valve. Since the tank is in the basement you may need a fuel lifter pump. They cost around $400. This will get the fuel up to your first or second floors so it can be used by your Monitor. You can use the lifter to run two heaters with no trouble. If one is on the second floor and one is on the first you will need a pressure reducer for the first floor unit. The lifter should be placed a little higher than the top of the heater which will give you enough gravity feed to run it.

Tom
      Thanks much, Tom - I have been using some of your previous posts as I considered this change for some time now. As the 422 and 30 are both used, I'll likely be begging for advice again. Gary

Comment

Originally posted by woodauger View Post
        Thanks much, Tom - I have been using some of your previous posts as I considered this change for some time now. As the 422 and 30 are both used, I'll likely be begging for advice again. Gary
        If you are going to use a Monitor 30 you will be begging for advice and parts as there are no parts left for them.

Comment

Monitor 30

Originally posted by Bryand View Post
          If you are going to use a Monitor 30 you will be begging for advice and parts as there are no parts left for them.
          This was one of the subjects I was lucky to read on this forum. The 30 was a freebie, and I have a backup Monitor for when it's worn out.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =