Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 441 not firing, pump not pumping

Hello, I am new and currently trying to get my 441 to pump fuel and fire. When the pump comes on it pumps about 4 strokes, several drops of fuel come out of pipe, and that is it. The ignitor is hot. The fuel screen is clean, the fuel level is good. I am a bit concerned if blower pressure switch is closing or not. I plan on investigating air flow to switch, switch, and blower air paths. The unit was working when put in storage a few years back, but mice made a home in it. I replaced the small glass surge protector on the ckt board with a new one as its wire was broken but other than that all looks intact. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Steve...update...now I have it completely apart looking to make sure no air flow obstructions, have found no "smoking gun"! What tells the fuel pump how long to pump? How much fuel should come out of pump? I traded a pump out to troubleshoot and the other pump did not seem to pump any more, just a few dribbles, and pulses, then nothing while the 4 burner lights are lit. All else in the burner can looks fine. Going to put it all back together today. Thanks Now I have put everything back together, all is good, did find some mouse debris, etc. in HX but cleaned it all out. I now that I know there is no reason for blower flow to be low, or hi, or so it seemed, I put second lead on blower press. sw on normally closed, and for the first time the fuel pump pumped and the unit fired and got hot but then shutdown. Since the press. sw was in abnormal hookup, ns vs no, I then jumpered out press sw and unit runs fine. Also, air was coming out of LP connection, or atm. conn. on press sw which makes me think diaphragm is bad? Unit runs fine with sw jumpered.....anyone know what pressure sw setting is? Fuel system is fine, level good, tank good, float good, screen good, no lockout, etc. Only issue seems to be blower pressure switch?

Did you use your meter to see if the blower will close the switch? If it does not close the switch, it could be either the blower is not strong enough or the switch is bad. If the motor was not strong enough I would think it would make a lot of noise. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
      Did you use your meter to see if the blower will close the switch? If it does not close the switch, it could be either the blower is not strong enough or the switch is bad. If the motor was not strong enough I would think it would make a lot of noise. Tom
      Yes I did...it closes on initial pump start signal for a few seconds then reopens leading to a no air/fuel shutdown. It is currently running for several hours at setpoint with air switch jumpered...ifvi put my finger over lp connection on switch i can hear it close...air is coming out of lp conn. I have ordered new switch...$30.

Comment

It might be the circuit board

At 3:40 min when the pump should be pumping, short with your pliers IC11 pin 11 and 13. Touch the copper pipe where the fuel goes into the chamber. If it pumps, the problem is the circuit board.
        Caution: make sure you are NOT touching metal part of the pliers when touching the copper pipe. You might feel a buzz.
        Heater PCB Repair

Comment

Working...
        X
        =