Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor 422 knocks then shuts down

my monitor 422 was working great until yesterday.The empty alarm went off and i noticed the strainer filter was clogged.I cleaned it and bled the system and it worked all day but this morning it started to do this again.I cleaned the filter again along with the filter that is on the lower right side..bled it again and still the same..knocks on start up...runs for about 10 minutes....starts to knock and then shuts down...burner status lights blinking...any help would be greatly appreciated...it is minus 23 here in canada today..lol

You have BAD fuel.

Tom

Comment

Bad fuel

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
      You have BAD fuel.

Tom
      How do i correct this Tom...would i drain the whole system and put in new fuel....Thank you for responding

Comment

If you keep having to clean the filter, the fuel you are using is contaminated. If too much of that fuel has gotten into the tank under the capsule tank you have a messy job ahead of you. If the dirty fuel did in fact get into the tank under the capsule tank you will need to suck it out or remove the tank and drain it. That tank has a stand pipe so you are not getting fuel right off the bottom. There is no drain on that tank, so it's either remove it from the stove or suck it out some how. PITA job, sorry. Tom

Comment

I just did this, today. Take the strainer out. Siphon out what you can. I use a ton of paper towels to get the rest of the kero out. Keep at it until ALL the old kero is gone. Wipe into all the corners. You should see a bunch of crud coming out with the towels. You have to really reach in there, to get it all wiped down. If your hand is too big, enlist the services of someone with a small hand. Wet and messy. You may need to do this more than once. Good luck. It can be frustrating to do this two or three times. Just don't quit on it. We have awful fuel around here. Even though I filter it before I use it, I still have these problems.

Comment

I just did this, today. [COLOR=#1B8EDE !important]Take[/COLOR] the strainer out. Siphon out what you can. I use a ton of paper towels to get the rest of the kero out. Keep at it until ALL the old kero is gone. Wipe into all the corners. You should see a bunch of crud coming out with the towels. You have to really reach in there, to get it all wiped down. If your hand is too big, enlist the services of someone with a small hand. Wet and messy. You may need to do this more than once. Good luck. It can be frustrating to do this two or three times. Just don't quit on it. We have awful fuel around here. Even though I filter it before I use it, I still have these problems.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =