Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor parts for the future

I have a Montor 422, 2400, and 2 X 2200s. They are 7 years old except the 422 is quite older. Now that they are out of business and parts will become increasingly hard to find, I would like to get ahead of the curve and order parts now that I may need in the future. The only part I have needed up until now is the blower berring on the 422. Can anyone suggest the rebuild kits or other supplies I should buy to get me thru the next decade? Thanks in advance. MarkO

Parts of Monitor heaters in Alaska used to come from Lucky Distributing in Portland OR. Lucky does not even show Monitor as one of their supported products. My dealer in Bethel has stopped ordering replacement parts and even moved their inventory to a storage van. I have used a dealer in Fairbanks, but they are crazy expensive ( burner ring $120). If I need something I use EBAY or Hickory Home and Gardens in North Carolina. You are about as far from Fairbanks as you are from North Carolina.

You already have experience with your M422 motor bearings, but I will tell you your M2200 and M2400 motors are going to be much more difficult to repair. Those motors use rivets to hold the cases together. The case half's are pressed onto the stator and are hard to get back together just right.

If necessary you can make your own gaskets for both types. Search the site here and you will find part numbers and suppliers. The parts you will need first will be M422, M2400 and M2200 burner rings. It's nice to have a M2400 burner cloth because the factory one is of good quality and fits perfect. You can use a Toyostove L56 burner mat material for your M422 and M2200. The glue provided by Toyotomi is also nice to use for the mats. Be sure to inspect your exhaust pipes as you guys have a lot of rain and the tips can corrode through. Hickory or Ebay will be the easiest to use for exhaust.

Tom

Comment

Great Andy! I already ordered some parts from ebay but couldn't find a rebuild kit for my 2200's. Probably should get some gasket material for making my own gaskets too. Do you have a web site?

Comment

You can get gasket material and material to make your own burn mats from McMaster-Carr. The material I used for gaskets was part number 9323K21 and 8799K3 for burn mat material. You can also use Rutand 77 Stove Cement available at most hardware stores for gluing the burn mat to the bottom of the pot. You can get parts for your 2200 from Hickory Home and Garden in Hickory, NC. They have the best prices I've been able to find yet. Do a web search for Hickory Home and Garden, their web site doesn't list the Monitor parts, but there's a toll free number listed on their web site and they do have Monitor parts. When I ordered parts in 2012 they shipped them by USPS priority mail and I had them within 3 days of placing my order.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =