Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the machine will keep on starting and shutting down when the set point is reached. the set point and room temperature reads in even numbers only - it is incapable of odd numbers - the room temp will overshoot your set point by two or four. it is normal to start n stop - you won't burn anymore fuel when it starts then when it steadily runs. my new 2400 does this all day. might shut down for ten minutes then start and stop eight more time. my temp sensor is hung from the ceiling roughly ten feet away from the heater. I extended the thermistor's range by splicing in a piece of cat 5E telephone cable.

Comment

• Thanks once again Hay-Zee ,but when I said shut down I meant the burner status lights start flashing and monitor stops running ,this happens as I said when burner status goes from 8 lights to 6 lights and before temperature is 4 degrees above set temperature , any ideas you have would be much appreciated thanks very much for your help

Comment

• take the screen out from behind that oval plate and gasket and clean it. disconnect the two wires on the solenoid pump, remove the pump and clean the screen on its bottom. shut off the fuel flow to the heater, unscrew the copper tubing feeding to the sump tank. remove the four screws from the bottom sheet metal plate and remove the sump tank. take off the top plate and dump out any kero in it. using GUMOUT, flush any crap in the bottom of the sump tank especially where the mechanism is on one end. this metal piece that sits vertically is the toggle over center lockout. don't touch any adjustment screws on the float tang. you'll be sorry later if you move them. use a q tip to scrub out anything that shouldn't be there in the tank. put everything back together turn on the fuel and try starting it again.

Comment

• Thanks for all the great tips on keeping my 41 going

I have pretty much built my 41 out of 2 machines,merging a 40 and a 41 together all with tips and tricks from this thread.I have a couple of questions about my fan that makes a horrible"wake you out of a sound sleep"noise,seems to spin fine and does the job but is there a timeline,should i be looking for bearing asap,or can it wait?And next my burn chamber is rusty,but functional,should i be looking into a 170+$$ ebay rebuild kit for it or should i take wire brush to insides and clean it?I have worked too hard building and troubleshoting problems to have it quit on me.
          Thanks for all the help..

Comment

• For Dotssy

How does your flame look in the heater? Is it blue or is it yellow? Is it spread evenly around the burner? Does your fuel pump make a ticking noise before it shuts down? Has the flame rod been cleaned? If the flame rod loses the flame for just a moment it will shut the heater down. If the fuel pump makes a ticking sound before shutdown you are not getting fuel to it.

Comment

• well you know that kerosene isn't filtered as it should be so it will carry some moisture with it. in the off season it will develop rust in the burn chamber. but many of these heaters have lasted over 22 years with careful maintenance. if you want to clean the rust around the air holes, wouldn't hurt it but don't paint the insides. it will just burn off. the temp gets to 550 degrees. bearings when they start going, the motor sounds like a jet engine winding out. bearings are 608Z

Comment

• thanks squirrely . flame is blue and even , no knocking sound before heater shuts off , any help appreciated

Comment

• squirrely????
                  knocking sounds indicate a starving fuel pump. whirring sounds are bearings going bad. yellow flame tips means loss or restricted air flow to pot. please go to the thread ILLUSTRATIONS, look at the 7th thread - monitor heater manual. My handle precedes the thread. go to the site indicated and you will find the heater repair manual in pdf format.

Comment

• Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                    squirrely????
                    knocking sounds indicate a starving fuel pump. whirring sounds are bearings going bad. yellow flame tips means loss or restricted air flow to pot. please go to the thread ILLUSTRATIONS, look at the 7th thread - monitor heater manual. My handle precedes the thread. go to the site indicated and you will find the heater repair manual in pdf format.
                    Thanks Hayzee, I know what the ticking sound means which is why I asked. Sometimes if the fuel flow is restricted the heater will burn fine until all the fuel is pumped out of the sump at which point it starts making the ticking sound and shuts down. Depending on how much the flow is restricted will determine how long this takes.

Comment

• bearings vs. fan replacement

where are bearings available from? i do not own a puller so would it be wiser to buy a whole fan or bearing and puller? i do not know the age of my unit but looks as if cloth gaskets were replaced,when flame on its blue and near all the holes red orange,sometimes i get a yellow puff mixed in.throws off good heat and uses about a gallon of fuel a day.
                      thanks,the advice really helps.

Comment

• bearings

Jay, I only buy the parts I install from the local Monitor distributor but you can probably find the at Grainger if you have a store near you or a McMaster-Carr catalog. The bearing # is 608z.

Comment

• thanks for the info i think there is a grainger nearby in lawrence.

Comment

• I have a question

I have 2 monitor 441s that worked at one location. They were hauled two hours up the thruway in the back of a pickup with rear of heaters facing cab of pickup uncovered. Once there and installed in a trailer, they didn't work. They both had same response, panel lights came on but no sound and of course no heat. The no sound like no clicking in pump or any other sound. what do you think . thanks

Comment

• need manual

hey we have a monitor 441 that we done see flame - and the lights are blinking. Can I get a copy of the manual ? ficrazy@verizon.net is my email and my yahoo IM is the same

Comment

• ficrazy go to the ILLUSTRATIONS section look at the 7th posting - the pdf manual is there

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                =