Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I looked for the manual I must be dum the 7 th post under 441?

Comment

• OK, from the MAIN forum heading go to ILLUSTRATIONS. Forget the Sub-directory [schematics] Count down seven threads - thread title is Monitor Heater Manual - click on that and then click on the link.

Comment

• Thank you very much
        I found it, just put a mat and burn pot in a old 40
        so far so good bought the parts off E-bay
        a little pricey, bout that was my only source
        anyone found anyone else. I have a 441 that will need
        re-build next year or 2.
        Thanks again

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by Artistic View Post
          I have 2 monitor 441s that worked at one location. They were hauled two hours up the thruway in the back of a pickup with rear of heaters facing cab of pickup uncovered. Once there and installed in a trailer, they didn't work. They both had same response, panel lights came on but no sound and of course no heat. The no sound like no clicking in pump or any other sound. what do you think . thanks
          Hi, the first sound you hear should be the combustion blower starting. If you don't hear the blower come on make sure you have the on/off button on. Also make sure the temperature is set higher than room temperature. If all that is OK, you might want to make sure no wires came off of the circuit board during the trip and check the fuses on the circuit board. You said they were uncovered?, I hope they didn't get wet.

Comment

• Gasket material

HayZee (or anyone else),
            Did you have a chance to look for the gasket material at McMaster-Carr?
            I think the boro-silicate material you were referring to in post 156 of this thread is the glass window.
            The rope- like stuff I've found is 3/8" and just seems way too big. I'm just looking for the stock paper looking flat (1/8") sheet material.
            Hate to keep on about this, but winter is here with a vengeance and I'm afraid this thing is going to kill us.
            Thanks again,
            Andrew

Comment

• Originally posted by gixxerflier View Post
              HayZee (or anyone else),
              Did you have a chance to look for the gasket material at McMaster-Carr?
              I think the boro-silicate material you were referring to in post 156 of this thread is the glass window.
              The rope- like stuff I've found is 3/8" and just seems way too big. I'm just looking for the stock paper looking flat (1/8") sheet material.
              Hate to keep on about this, but winter is here with a vengeance and I'm afraid this thing is going to kill us.
              Thanks again,
              Andrew
              If you are still looking for gaskets, I think they are ceramic fiber insulation paper. If you want factory gaskets I can get them for you.

Comment

• iver gone through and read this entire thread. i cleaned out my burner pot. i cleaner out the line going from the solenoid pump to the pot. i cleaned and replaced all filters. and still nothing.

i moved into this house in august. never ran the heater till about a month ago now. the tank was completely empty so i put 10 gallons in it just to see if the heater worked. it fired right up and worked great for like a week. then it ran out of kero before the delivery came. so i added 10 more gallons to hold me over for a few days. it would fire up but the flame would go out as soon as the fan came on and the lights would flash. so i assumed it was getting blocked up somewhere. i cleaned out the filters and decided to clean out the burner pot while i was at it. put everything back togehter exactly how it was. then i had a new problem. the flame in the pot would never really get going, it would light but you could barely see anything through the looking glass and it would go right out. so someone came and looked at it and said that i didnt have enough kero in the tank to keep it running or that my lines were gelled up. so i had kero deliverd and the lines defrosted. tried to start it up and the solenoid pump was loud as can be. i pulled it apart to see if it was starving for fuel and there was plenty in there the float seemed to be working properlly as well. so i went ahead and got a solenoid pump and replaced it. now the noise has gone away and ive checked to make sure fuel is getting to the burner pot by taking the line off at the burner end while the pump is going. there is fuel pumping out but i have no flame at al in the pot now. so i went ahead and replaced the ignitor thinking maybe it was bad. did nothing. i put my metere on the wires for the ignitor and there are 120v there and you can feel the heat from it.

im stumped and its getting really cold in maine. and help would be appreciated.

Comment

• I'm sorry you are having so many problems. You replaced the pump so you are getting fuel to the pot. you replaced the igniter so you are getting heat to ignite the fuel. that leaves the burner mat. - are you getting combustion air? Is the air pump running? Is the air pressure switch working? try jumping the terminals on the air switch.

Comment

• Originally posted by geisi13 View Post
                    iver gone through and read this entire thread. i cleaned out my burner pot. i cleaner out the line going from the solenoid pump to the pot. i cleaned and replaced all filters. and still nothing.

i moved into this house in august. never ran the heater till about a month ago now. the tank was completely empty so i put 10 gallons in it just to see if the heater worked. it fired right up and worked great for like a week. then it ran out of kero before the delivery came. so i added 10 more gallons to hold me over for a few days. it would fire up but the flame would go out as soon as the fan came on and the lights would flash. so i assumed it was getting blocked up somewhere. i cleaned out the filters and decided to clean out the burner pot while i was at it. put everything back togehter exactly how it was. then i had a new problem. the flame in the pot would never really get going, it would light but you could barely see anything through the looking glass and it would go right out. so someone came and looked at it and said that i didnt have enough kero in the tank to keep it running or that my lines were gelled up. so i had kero deliverd and the lines defrosted. tried to start it up and the solenoid pump was loud as can be. i pulled it apart to see if it was starving for fuel and there was plenty in there the float seemed to be working properlly as well. so i went ahead and got a solenoid pump and replaced it. now the noise has gone away and ive checked to make sure fuel is getting to the burner pot by taking the line off at the burner end while the pump is going. there is fuel pumping out but i have no flame at al in the pot now. so i went ahead and replaced the ignitor thinking maybe it was bad. did nothing. i put my metere on the wires for the ignitor and there are 120v there and you can feel the heat from it.

im stumped and its getting really cold in maine. and help would be appreciated.

The pump will not work if the air pressure switch is not made so you can rule out that if it is pumping. Check your burner mat. Also you can take the fuel line off the burner and run a wire or something thru fuel nozzle into the burner and make sure there is no carbon built up blocking the fuel from getting into the pot. You should be able to push it in about 3". An allen wrench will also work for this.

Comment

• i ran the wire through into the pot when i ran the wire through the copper line so i know thats cleared. and the mat looks fine im not really sure what a bad one would look like though... i know that the cap inside the pot was replaced so im assuming maybe the mat was replaced at the same time but im not positive. the air pump is running i can hear it and if i pull the feed line off the pot to check for fuel i can feel the air come out.

im really stumped here. im gonna spend a couple hours on it again today rechecking everything.

Comment

• the burner mat should be flat and glued to the bottom of the pot. if it's all curled up or burnt around the edges or just plain burned up, replace it. use rutland stove cement to glue it down. don't use permatex red, it just doesn't hold up to the heat. something that was tried once is use the air output of a shop vac to the air inlet flexible pipe to the combustion blower. this is just to ascertain you have adequate air flow to the pot. lemme ask you this, after you cleaned out the fuel line, did you try the heater to see if you had fuel flow out of the tubing? the end that goes into the combustion pot, put in a can or glass jar and see if you have fuel coming out. if you do, then shut off the heater and replace the tube on the combustion pot fitting. if no fuel then either its the pump or the relay on the microprocessor. there should be 120 volts pulsating on the pump terminals.

Comment

• well now its working. i put my old solenoid pump back in and the old flame rod. the pump is ticking like its starving for fuel but its not (its running). the noise is annoying but i can live with it to keep warm haha.if the noise continues for a couple days i will replace the pump again and see what happens.

Comment

• not sure if this has anything to do with it but right after i put my old pump back in when i tried to start it it said 301 or something along those lines. i pushed the reset button on the board and its went away and fired right up.

Comment

• Error message

Originally posted by geisi13 View Post
                              not sure if this has anything to do with it but right after i put my old pump back in when i tried to start it it said 301 or something along those lines. i pushed the reset button on the board and its went away and fired right up.
                              Could possibly have been E 01 which indicates a flame rod problem such as a ground. Anyway good job.

Comment

• Monitor Parts/Service Manual

I have two MPI Monitors, 422 and 441. I saw a post by Hay showing where I could download a pdf in this forum. I am unable to find the file under illustrations and seventh forum. Hay if you could help I would appreciate that...and by the way...your posts and knowledge is a true asset to this discussion board. I live on the east coast and no one in my area supports these heaters. I moved from the mountains, where these heaters are used alot to get close to the beach. No one here has seen them; however, everyone is very impressed with their performance. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                =