• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 441 Service manuel

I have a copy of the service manuel. If you email me I'll send you a copy>

Comment

• Service Manual

My email address is ernie.white@embarqmail.com. Thanks for the service manual.

Comment

• Service manual

Huemogus,

Just sent you a PM with my email address. If you get a chance, please email me a copy of the service manual also. Thanks!

Eric

Comment

• Huemogus,
          I also have a 441, and would love to have you send me the service manual pdf. I will PM you with my email address. Thanks for your assistance!!

Comment

• Service Manual

Here are some excerpts from the service manual. I've tried to make them a little more legible and fixed what I think were errors.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Burner mat replacement

Excerpt on 441 burner mat replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                Arne - I have a monitor 41 which is one series BELOW the 441. I do all my servicing on the heater. I have a pdf file for the 441 which I could email to you. as far as a repair manual, you'll never get one. NO ONE on this green earth will EVER sell you one. I tried to get one through MPI but since I'm not an authorized dealer, no way. Some replacement gaskets I was able to get from mc master- carr industrial supply and a piece of boro-silicate glass for the view port.
                I was just told by my kero provider that it was going to cost me $600+ to have the bottom end of my MPI441 rebuilt at their suggestion. The unit is running fine. I am very handy so I am going to pass. Would you consider sending me the PDF of the manual as well? jbrillslk@gmail.com

Comment

• Hello Hayzee, You seem to be the hero of this thread and I am thankful that you are here. I found the owner's manual pdf so I no longer need that. When they say rebuild the bottom end of the 441 what do they mean specifically? Replacing the burner mat? The gaskets? Please shed some light. Thank you.
                  Last edited by brill333; 11-11-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Huemogus,
                    I have a 441 as well and would be very grateful for the repair manual. jbrillslk@gmail.com

Comment

• by bottom end they mean taking apart the lower section of the burner pot. this is essentially a sleeve within a can with a hole in the middle. the hole connects to the air elbow. the can has a gasket that goes between the can bottom and the heater frame top [???] the lower can has a sleeve that has all the holes in it, the fuel channel, the burner mat, the three pins that support the burner ring, the burner ring the viewing window, flamerod and top cover.

Comment

• bottom end rebuild

Does this mean I will need new parts? and if so which ones and do you have a suggested source?

Comment

• because you are in saranac lake, I'd suggest MULHARNEY'S in Brushton and/or ADIRONDACK HARDWARE in Keeseville. You are just down the road from me - I'm in Saint Regis Falls on Rt 458.

Comment

• Thanks to all who have asked the questions before me and Hayzee for all the time you have put into this thread.

I have a 441 that isn't getting fuel into the pot and the burner mat needs to be replaced. In the process of trying to find a burner mat the local dealer claims that if I don't bead blast the pot the glue won't work and the mat won't stick.
                            He also claims that the air mixture will need to be adjusted in order for it to work correctly. I'm tempted to just try it anyway to see instead of paying the $300 or $400. he will charge for the work.

I twisted a long drill bit by hand into the pot but when I reconnected the fuel line it still seems clogged. What is there for a nozzel at the very end of the fuel line in the pot. I saw reference earlier in this thread to drilling it out. I just don't want to mess something up by drilling the nozzel out of it if there is one I'm trying to keep from having to pull the whole pot out of there but maybe I have to to replace a nozzel on the very end of the fuel line?
                            Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• there is no nozzle per se. the part in the combustion pot is the end of the cappillary and a brass extension tube that feeds kero to the fuel channel in the middle of the burner mat. find some narrow gauge telephone wire and strip off the insulation. run this all the way from the pump to the end that goes into the pot [cleaning the cappillary] . use a 1/8" twist drill by hand to remove any carbon build up in the capp end. use rutland #77 cement to hold the burner mat in the pot. you could use a dremel with a wire cup brush to clean the bottom of the pot where the mat goes.

Comment

• monitor 441 without service manual

Sadly I have a monitor mpi 441 in need of tlc but cant find a spec sheet anywhere to guide me to the combustion chamber.
                                Would anyone be willing to share their service manual with me?
                                Mike in cold Maine mike04210@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                =