Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I totally agree.After spending around $10 for a fuel screen gasket,I went to McMaster-Carr and ordered sheet BUNA rubber and cut my own...now IF the folks at Monitor actually took an interest in what owners are concerned about,they'd probably sell a lot more heaters,and have a support base among their product owners...

Comment

broken flame detector rod

...well,in replacing the gasket of the front cover,I broke the damn flame detector rod.Is there an alternative to a new #6355 from Monitor?

Comment

No there isn't

Comment

I looked at the jimmyj55.com link...did'nt see what I need beyond the gasket.Do you have an idea of what the flame detector rod costs?..It's probaly an indidual item,but I wonder if it's sold in kit form?....
          Thanks again,Gary

Comment

check out this monitor distributor. they can get monitor parts as they service monitor, rinnai and toyostove.
            Keeseville Location
            1698 Front Street
            Keeseville, NY 12944
            518-834-9790 map
            they are adirondack hardware

Comment

check out this monitor distributor. they can get monitor parts as they service monitor, rinnai and toyostove.
              Keeseville Location
              1698 Front Street
              Keeseville, NY 12944
              518-834-9790 map
              they are adirondack hardware

Comment

....Thank you!

Comment

Do you happen to know the O ring Size is that is inside the Unit where the offset tubes goes and if there is a place to order them. "
                  "two o rings in the exhaust line - one at the outside house connection tee and one inside the unit where the offset tube goes.

Comment

sources for O rings

I have found McMaster -Carr to be very helpful.They are an industrial supplier of all sorts of obscure stuff.
                    Monitor OEM parts are available from a guy whose business is called
                    "All Around the House",Box 629,Glen Wild, NY (845)434-0212.
                    Speak with John,or Irwin.I don't their web site address,so do a google search....nice folks.

Comment

"O" Rings

Thank you very much fr the speedy reply !!!

Comment

O Rings

I know the one that is in the Extension Kit is a Size #222 O-Ring, but I am told the one inside the unit at the exhaust is a different size. Does anyone know what size that one is ??

Comment

Originally posted by IndnChief View Post
                          I have found McMaster -Carr to be very helpful.They are an industrial supplier of all sorts of obscure stuff.
                          Monitor OEM parts are available from a guy whose business is called
                          "All Around the House",Box 629,Glen Wild, NY (845)434-0212.
                          Speak with John,or Irwin.I don't their web site address,so do a google search....nice folks.
                          ....Well,I'm having trouble with the Monitor 441 again.It just started shutting down.Intial startup sequence seems normal until the burner lights up,runs for a minute and a half,then stops,and the heater begins to cycle to shut down.Afetr my last cleaning,and replacement of the flame detector,all was fine.Now it acts as if the flame detector is not sensing the initial burner light up.Opening it up to have a look,I found slight sooting insde the burner bonnet,and similar sooting of the mineral glass window to the burner..my initial reason for opening it up.It seems unlikely that the flame detector rod/assembly is faulty...does anyone have any ideas as to what's causing the heater to shut down?..It definetly appears to be a safety device triggering the shut down.I've cleaned the fuel screen,replaced the filter,and there's plenty of fuel in the tank...

Comment

Originally posted by IndnChief View Post
                            ....Well,I'm having trouble with the Monitor 441 again.It just started shutting down.Intial startup sequence seems normal until the burner lights up,runs for a minute and a half,then stops,and the heater begins to cycle to shut down.Afetr my last cleaning,and replacement of the flame detector,all was fine.Now it acts as if the flame detector is not sensing the initial burner light up.Opening it up to have a look,I found slight sooting insde the burner bonnet,and similar sooting of the mineral glass window to the burner..my initial reason for opening it up.It seems unlikely that the flame detector rod/assembly is faulty...does anyone have any ideas as to what's causing the heater to shut down?..It definetly appears to be a safety device triggering the shut down.I've cleaned the fuel screen,replaced the filter,and there's plenty of fuel in the tank...
                            Did you clean the flame sensor good. Just a little soot will shut it down. Sounds like you need to find out where your sooting is coming from.

Comment

M441 overhaul

You need to overhaul the combustion chamber. The mat has lifted and the ring may be warped. The heat exchanger needs to be cleaned out as well. If there is any noise from the combustion blower motor you will need to install new bearings. While you are at it you might as well do the “O” ring on the damper solenoid.

Tom

Comment

Thank all you guys for the helpful suggestions.As it turns out,the fuel nozzle was compltely coked up,barely allowing fuel to flow.A good cleaning with 5/64 drill,and a piece of stiff wire,has solved all the problems.The blue flame has returned to normal,as has the heater in general.I opened the combustion chamber to inspect,as I worked a piece of guitar string (low E) through the fuel nozzle.I removed the fuel line,after heating the connection between it and the fuel nozzle.Heat was what it needed to allow for it to unscrew without damaging the fuel nozzle.I then could look into the combustion chamber,as I ran my clean out wire through the end of the fuel nozzle without damaging anything.I managed to avoid rebuilding the combustion chamber once again ($600-$700),but this the 18th heating season...thanks again to all,Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                =