Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error code "13" and knocking noise 2400

I replaced the filter and housing with a new one, cleaned out the fuel strainer, checked inside of the burner unit but it seemed amazingly clean. The tank was empty, had a 100 gallons put in and still the darn thing will not work. The "Burn" light comes on then the knocking noise starts. After a few minutes I get the error 13 code and the alarm. I don't know what to do now. Any one else have the knocking noise? Do I need to the pump apart and clean it out? Some one told me at the HD that I may need to bleed
    the fuel supply for air bubbles..........the vent tube to the exhaust is blowing great so I don't think it is the bearing. It's only four years old and didn't get used last because of this problem. We just bought a brand new wood stove but it will not be here until next week. I would hate to just scrap this thing but at this point I don't know which way to go.
    Thanks,
    Curt

the fuel feeds by gravity to the fuel sump in the heater. even if there were air bubbles they would dissapate to atmosphere once they reach the sump. did you try pressing the button on the side of the heater? this releases the float from the locked position. the clacking noise you hear is the pump starving for fuel. your kero supply pipe from your tank should be 2 inches above where the line goes into the house. the tank should also be tilted slightly away from perfectly horizontal in order to bleed any condensate water away from the tank outlet. the outlet pipe extends up into the fuel tank about 2 inches.

Comment

bleed fuel

Asheville,

Go out to the tank and loosen the fuel line fitting at the filter. Don't take it all the way off. Shake it and you will hear and see the air escape. What you are getting is the air trapped in the top of the filter. Tighten the fitting and then try to restart. With 100 gallons you should be good. Remember that the bottom of the tank should be at least 18 inches above the floor the stove sits on.

Keep us posted,

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X
      =